Monday, May 7, 2012

I've Been Framed!


Hello Everyone!  Welcome to another Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday!  This week there is a lot going on at BBTB2 - Our call for design teams members has wrapped up and this is the first week with projects posted by our new team member!  Welcome ladies!!!

This week's challenge cut was selected by my very talented and very beautiful design team sister, Melissa - from Running with Scissors.  Melissa chose a frame - any frame from any Cricut cartridge - preferable used on a layout, though if you truly are not a scrapper she agreed that you could make a card.

Being a scrapbooker at heart, I had no problem making a scrapbook layout.  I chose to use this great square swirl frame from the Paper Trimmings cartridge (I bet you are shocked that it is not from Art Philosophy!!).  I cut both layers at about 11.5 inches, or as large as I could stretch the image on the virtual mat in Cricut Craft Room.  The top layer was cut in heavy glittery gold cardstock (with the blade set on 6 and a nice sharp blade, this only took one cut to cut through the glitter cardstock!) and I cut the shadow layer in black cardstock. 



After gluing the two layers together I applied adhesive to the outside edges of the swirl frame and applied the frame to a piece of Teresa Collins black and white line, Mr&Mrs.   I wanted the inside edges of frame loose so that I could slide the photo matting under the edges. 


At the top of the page  sailing from under the photo mats, I attached one of the Titanic ships I used on the invitations for our party, adding the word "Titanic" over top of the life preserver and the ship. 


The photo I used is a fun picture of Bethany, Doug and I at our party.  I triple matted the photo on white, gold and red cardstock.  I added the same embellishments that I used on the cones for the party - the Captain's Wheel and the anchor.  I added a few dots and hand wrote the date in the lower right corner of the red matting.  I think this page will make a great intro page for my Titanic Centenary party scrapbook.
 

I have already completed a couple of projects that I plan to share with you this week.  How unlike me to actually be ahead!!!  Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to go by BBTB2 and welcome our new team members.  Also remember we love it when you join us in our weekly challenges!!!

13 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, what a fabulous frame for this gorgeous pic. LOVE it! xxD

Sandi said...

stunning frame, gorgeous layout, how much fun is that, hugs

Brenda said...

This is beautiful Susan! I love the frame you choose and I just love the ship die cut along with the other die cuts! I have admires your lo's and other projects for a long time now and this one is no different! I really enjoyed living your party through your pics on your blog!! You have way to much fun and I am jealous!! lol

Jeri said...

Great layout, Susan. I love how you made your frame out of shiny, glittery paper. The perfect way to frame it out and draw attention to that fabulous family photo.

Jayne said...

Gorgeous frame....very befitting of such a piccie and occasion!
Jayne x

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous frame. Looks like ya'll had a great time. So happy to be a part of this team.
Stephanie

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Susan your layout and gold glitter frame are amazing. The ship is stunning. Sounds like a fun fun party.

Carole Beath said...

Susan, now THIS is a frame to cherish. I love how the photograph, the very precious photograph, has been honored with that beautiful scroll work.
Carole

Glenda said...

Beautiful frame to accent your fabulous family photo! Love the gold and the Titanic. Great page for those treasured memories!
I am so happy to be on the BBTB2 team with you!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

Tangle said...

This is so lovely! I really like the glittered frame and how you tied this layout together so beautifully with the picture, text, and embellishments. Thanks so much for your kind comments, im so honored to be on the team with you!

~JulieH~ said...

Susan what a spectacular layout! Love the red,black white and glitter gold, gorgeous frame, striped paper is perfect and what a beautiful photo from you Titanic party! Love this!
Hugs
Juliexx

Penniannie said...

Susan

Wow...... super layout,papers are awesome...

HUGS
Penny

shelly said...

awesome layout susan! and i bet it was a great party :)