Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy National Scrapbook Day



 
Hello Everyone - Happy National Scrapbook Day!!!  I had planned to share a card with you today but then I realized that National Scrapbook Day calls for scrapped pages.  Fortunately I had not yet finished sharing all of my cruise layouts with you!!!

The layout above is very simple, very straight forward. I combined two different striped cardstocks to create the background pages and added pops of color in the mats and embellishments. 

In the layouts below I reminded myself of exactly why I became a Close to my Heart consultant - I love stamping on my layouts!  


(Click on any photo see larger)

The layout was created using a Mosaic technique which I learned at CKC Scrapbook Convention last year.  Tami Potter offers great classes on mosaic scrapping.  And just because you are using a mosaic layout does not mean that you cannot add Cricut cuts and stamped images to your layouts!  All of the flowers and seashells on this layout were stamped!!   Some of the shells were cutout and popped with pop dots.



The layout below is another example of how adding stamped images can enhance a layout.  I added more of the seashells to the right page as well as the Relax stamp.  I used the wave stamp along the bottom border of the pages.  By dividing the shaped page in half and running the waves across both pages I was able to combine two totally unrelated topics from the cruise without either page over powering the other. 


I added an occasional gemstone to the waves.


You can see that this seashell was cut out and attached to the page.


My final layout today is another Bahama page - images that capture the essence of the Islands in my opinion.  I added stamped and cutout flowers with gem centers to the pages, along with the great title and another of my fun seashells.

These flowers are a perfect companion to these bright green pages.


All of the stamps used on my layouts are products of Close to my Heart - specifically the Kick Back stamp set.  This 15 piece stamp set retails for $17.95.

Speaking of Close to my Heart, have you taken advantage of the National Scrapbooking Month special yet???   Dotty for You is a 24 piece set of 12 x 12 inch cardstock, available only while supplies last and can be yours for only $5.00 with a $35.00 CTMH order.  Drop by my on-line Close to my Heart Store for more information and to start shopping!



When you place an order of $35 or more in products from the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book between April 17 and May 31, you may add the Dotty for You paper packet, valued at $19.95, for just $5. Dotty for You includes 24 specially designed, coordinating B&T Duos® sheets (2 each of 12 patterns) and an artwork idea insert to get your creative juices flowing. But that’s not all! There are two ways your customers can get this darling paper packet FREE!

Hostesses will receive a free Dotty for You paper packet when their Gathering sales total $400 or more (excluding tax, shipping/handling, and Operation Smile donations). *this begins today at 9:00 am MST*




This month's stamp of the month is so beautiful! It has some really great sentiments and some lovely sunflower images! It can be yours for $17.95 or if you place an order of $50 or more you can get this FABULOUS stamp set for just $5! This is a savings of $12.95!  As a bonus, place a $50.00 and you can get both the Stamp of the Month AND Dotty for You for only $5.00 each!!!


Thank you for stopping by today.  I will be back on Monday to share a new Bitten by the Bug 2 project.  I also have two other projects already photographed to share next week!!









2 comments:

L.B. said...

Very pretty layouts...the port of call one is my favorite, but all great. Enjoy your day.
http://www.coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

June Houck said...

Beautiful LOs, Susan...every.single.one. Scrapping is difficult for me, so I have found lots of inspiration in your LOs. Thanks for sharing!

Happy NSD!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS