Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Carter!!


Hello everyone - today we are going to wish my nephew, Carter, a very happy birthday.   Carter will be celebrating his fourth birthday tomorrow and I thought I would share with you the birthday card I made for him. 



Here is Carter looking adorable in his Detriot Tiger hat and jersey!




I used three Silhouette Cameo cut files to create this fun little boy card - the great castle cut, the knight, and of course that little green dragon inside the card. 

I cut the base castle card at 6 x 4.5 inches, using five colors of cardstock - two grey tones for the castle, black for the gate, red for the turret points and inner shield, and blue for the outer shield.  I finished the castle with black doodles and dots.

The knight was cut in three colors of cardstock - dark grey, medium grey, red and sparkle silver paper.

The dragon has a case of chicken pox - or at least he has a case of the dots!  I used a scrap of fun green paper to cut the dragon and then I attached him to the inside left cover card.


The inside left of the card is stamped with the same stamp set I used to stamp the castle front, Close to My Heart's Card Chatter - Birthday.  This is a great stamp set because it comes with several different birthday phrases that can be mixed and matched and retails for $17.95.   While you are checking out this great stamp set at my on-line store, take a few minutes to look at the May National Scrapbook Month Special - Dotty for You!!  With a $35.00 order (and the Birthday Chatter stamp set will put you half way to that total) you can add Dotty for You to your cart during checkout for $5.00!!!


Here is one last look at Carter's card.  I suspect I may not be on my brother's happy list when Carter opens his birthday gifts from Uncle Doug and I.  In addition to a fun ride on toy, I got him a big super-soaker water gun to play with this summer!!!! 

7 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

Oh my goodness Susan this is fantastic! Carter is going to be so excited when he sees it! I amloving seeing your Cameo creations and think I see one in my future sometime !!
Hugs
Juliexx

PinkE said...

Holy cow! This card is just beautiful! I wish I had one! :O) I'm a new follower here and I'll be back to see more of your cute creations! Come and follow me too!

PinkE
Creations by PinkE

snappy scrappy said...

So darn cute...a perfect castle for a a sweet little guy. Lee-Ann :)

Sandi said...

sure to spark the imagination of that cutie pie, hugs

1Happy Mimi said...

What a great card! ...& a cute kid! Go Tigers!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous card for your adorable nephew! xxD

Emily Grace said...

Its a great one and also a beautifully crafted one. looking forward for more from this website.Best Wishes