Monday, May 14, 2012

Elegant Wedding Cake for Bakery Challenge


Hello everyone.  It's Monday and that means it is Bitten by the Bug 2 design team project day.  This week's challenge was selected by my DT sister - the beautiful AND talented Julia Moss.  Julia asked the team to use any bakery item on any Cricut cartridge to create this week's project. 

I chose to use the beautiful wedding cake on Creative Memories Divine Wedding cartridge, and of course I decided to make a wedding card featuring the cake! 


I really like the simplicity and elegance of this cake.  Each tier has a swirl trim that is just lovely.  I cut my cake in three layers - the basic cake, the shadow cut, and the decorative swirls.  I used black cardstock for the shadow cut and embossed the cut with a Swiss dot embossing folder.  The basic cake was cut in white it too was embossed to add texture - though I honestly do not recall the name of the folder I used.

I used a silver on silver metallic cardstock to the cut swirl trim.  I was amazed at how nicely this paper cut on the Cricut.  I finished the cake off with pearls and gems.


Below the cake I added a decorative label to the card.  Cut in four layers, also from Divine Wedding - though I did make some changes to the cuts using Cricut Craft Room.  I cut the shadow layer in gray cardstock, the second layer in the silver on silver cardstock, and the trim on black.  I added an extra oval to the center of the tag in order to stamp on the tag. 

I used two different set of stamps on this card.  Using black ink I stamped the word Congratulations on the label, with the Mr. & Mrs. stamped in red below. 

I matted my cake and label onto a hand-stamped piece of cardstock.  I used a large swirl stamp with a repeating stamping pattern in black ink onto white cardstock.  I went back over the same area adding the red "Mr. & Mrs." stamps intermittently throughout the pattern. 

I trimmed the stamped cardstock and affixed it to the black base card.  I used pearls to finish the card design.


Remember at BBTB2 we truly enjoy it when our reader join us in the weekly challenges.  Once you complete your project add it to the link area under the challenge post at BBTB2.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I have a week of projects planned to share with you - both Cricut and Silhouette Cameo projects, so be sure to stop by again soon.

16 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty and blingy...is that a word...it should be. Lee-Ann :)

Carole Beath said...

I too used CM's Divine Wedding, what a spectacular cartridge this is... love your cake...so elegant.
Hugs
Carole

Julia Moss said...

That sure is elegant....beautiful creation.

Jayne said...

Beautiful card.
Jayne x

Stephanie said...

Beautiful and elegant! Love the bling.

Sandi said...

mmmmm, divine, love the monochromatic look with the little bits of red, hugs

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love how the design goes from the background to the plate to the cake. So beautiful!

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Susan this is so sphisticated and elegant i love the monochromatic look and the dash of red is just perfect!
Hugs
juliex

DonnaMundinger said...

So super elegant Susan, and in my fave color combo. I must say, cake decorating is your forte! xxD

Brenda said...

What a beautiful and elegant card Susan! I love the colors you put together, those colors always say "elegant" to me! I love how you used the red ink for the Mr & Mrs too, so striking and eye catching!!

Penniannie said...

What an Elegant card, Black and White always looks amazing, the bling makes it Pop..

Hugs
Penny

Scrapbooking for Joy said...

WOWSERS!! That a fabulous card! The color scheme and embellishments are perfect :0)

Glenda said...

So elegant! Love the beautifully decorated cake with the embossing, swirls and pearls! Great color combo!
Glenda

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

This is really elegant looking..Krista

Yoshira aka cricutalltime said...

Elegant card.love the bling and colors.Beautiful for a weeding.

Carol said...

So beautiful! Love this card and design. TFS