Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Candles Embellished with Vinyl Cuts


Hello everyone.  Today I am sharing my experiences in scrap-lifting!!  Last Thursday night I spied the most awesome embellished candles at my friend Susan Miller's house!  She had candles with Cricut cut swirls and monograms on them, placed in different candles holders, displayed in her home.  I was completely WOW'ed by her projects!!  So, of course, imitation being the best form of flattery, I came home and designed my own Cricut vinyl candle embellishments!!!  Within 24 hours of Susan's Close to My Heart stamp club gathering I had embellished the candles in my great room!!!


Do I even need to tell you that I primarily used one cartridge - CTMH's Art Philosophy cartridge - to create all of my cuts?  I started by measuring the height and circumference of the candles I planned to embellish. Using Cricut Craft Room I then created cuts that would fit the size and shape of my various candles. 

I will tell you that four of the candles I embellished are not "real" candles, but are flameless.  The two tallest candles on my mantle are flameless.


I also have a set of flameless sconces on the wall that I decided to embellish.  I used a small frame cut and added the E from the Cricut Alphabet Cartridge.  I really like how the framed monograms look on the candles. 

 

Susan Miller asked me to assure you that she did not create this idea - that she too saw the embellished candles someplace else - though she could not recall where - she thought perhaps Pinterest. 

I must say that I think the candles look so much more finished and more "high end" than they had previously.  I think I may need to go walk around the rest of Susan's home and see what else I may want to copy.... errr... I mean, SCRAP-LIFT!!!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back again tomorrow with yet another new project to share.



2 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

What a cool idea! Very creative!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

The Tablescaper said...

Love the monogrammed candles. Very neat idea!

- The Tablescaper