Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Titanic Tuesday Nautical Treat Cones


Hello everyone!  It is time for the second installment of Titanic Tuesday.  To recap for those who may have missed last Tuesday's post, my husband and I are planning to host a centenary celebration of the voyage of the Titanic.  Our party is going to be a week late due to a previous commitment and will be held on April 21st.  In this post last Tuesday I shared the invitations that we sent out to our guests. 


In making last week's invitations I was able to define my color scheme for the event.  The color photos of the Titanic show that she was black, white, and gold, with red under the water line. I used black, white and gold on the invitations and decided to carry the same colors through to my other crafts and decor. 


This week I am sharing the party favors - Nautical Treat Cones!  I plan to have a treat cone for each guest to take home with them.  I will display the cones, wrapped in their cellophane bags, in an acrylic tub similar the one pictured in the top photograph, only the actual tub is much larger and will hold 20 of the treat cones!

I had planned to make the cones and display them in the tub, but then I realized that wrapping them in cello bags would make them much more portable and far more sanitary.


I used two Craft Room exclusive cartridges to create the cones - 3D Cones and New England Shore.  I used just the anchor, ships wheel, and life saver from New England Shore.  I also took a few design liberties with the triangular cone, fitting the trim pieces lower on the sides so that I had a black border at the top of the cones.  And of course, as stated above, I used black, glitter gold, white and a touch of red cardstocks to create the cones.




I plan to add a little gold anchor to the ribbon tie on each cello bag, along with a little personalize tag. 



I ordered a six foot tall poster from the movie to use at the party and it arrived ahead of schedule.  I cannot wait to share my plans for the post with you!!!  But that is a post for another Titanic Tuesday!!

On to other news -

For those who wondered were I was yesterday and why I did not share a Bitten by the Bug 2 project with you it is because the design team took a break for Easter and has issued a call for new design team members!!!  The following is from the BBTB2 blog:

"If you've ever dreamed of joining the ranks of the very first Cricut Challenge Blog on the net, now's your chance. BBTB2 is adding a few new members to the team and one of them could be YOU!


We are looking for avid Cricuteers who wish to be a part of a close knit team just for the joy of creating and inspiring others. The term will be for 6 months with an option for renewal based on meeting the guidelines.

As a member, you will be expected to

1) Participate in the weekly challenges a minimum of 2 times per month (preferably 3 or 4)
2) Comment regularly on the challenge participant's projects
3) Maintain an active blog with regular crafting posts
4) Help choose challenges when called upon

So how do you apply? We'd like to see a new Mother's Day project to be sent to BBTB2.donna.carole@gmail.com and a link to your blog by Monday, April 23rd. New members will be contacted my email by Wednesday April 25 and revealed on BBTB2 with our May 8th challenge. We can't wait to see what you create. Best of luck to all. "
 
 
 
And finally - do not forget about the Close to My Heart Stamp of the Month, YOU ARE.  This great stamp set has two background stamps as well 13 other stamps in the set.  That's right, this is a 15 piece stamp set selling for only $17.95.  It is perfect for both scrapbooking and cardmaking, and is available only for the month of April!!  Don't miss your chance to pick up this stamp set.

1 comment:

DonnaMundinger said...

How fabulously nautical! I think I'm getting as excited about your party as you are. Can't wait to see what's next. xxD

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS