Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Titanic Tuesday Individual Place Menus


Hi everyone.  Welcome to Titanic Tuesday - Week 3!  This week I am going to share the menus I created for each place setting.  For those new to Busy with the Cricky, Titanic Tuesday is a limited series of posts sharing projects I have made for our upcoming Titanic themed party.

Briefly, my husband and I decided to host a Centenary Celebration of the Maiden Voyage of the RMS Titanic.  Sadly, our party is sailing a week late due to previous commitments.  I have done two previous posts on the party and you can read those here and here.  Week one featured the invitations and week two featured the nautical themed party cone favors.   This week we are moving on to the dinner tables.


Our evening will begin with appetizers at 6:30 pm and dinner will be served at 7:00 pm.  We are planning a sit down, served dinner with limited courses.  I have nicknamed our menu "Titanic-Southern Fusion"!  I am featuring a few of the Titanic recipes, but also adding some southern tradition to mix it up a bit.  For example, in addition to Roasted Beef Tenderloin we will also be serving Shrimp and Grits!  Somehow I do not think the Titanic had Shrimp and Grits!!

I used two Cricut cartridges to create these individual place menus, Straight from the Nest and Stand and Salute.  I used Straight From the Nest to cut the welded base card in white, the black matting and the black topper detail.  I printed the top layer using MS Word and added double line borders.  I used Stand and Salute to cut the shimmering gold anchors.  I used Close to my Heart red and white twine (shown here in neutral assortment) to trim out the anchors.

I have also created coordinating place cards for the place settings which will look wonderful with the menus.  I will share those in my wrap up post next week.

I still have a lot of work to do this week for Saturday's party:  Affix my 6 ft. poster to foam board, finish my treat cones, do a bit of shopping, double check my silver and china, meet Kimberly and shop for and arrange centerpiece flowers.... And pray for nice weather (afternoon thunder showers are forecast for Aiken on Saturday).

I have had a few calls today asking about costumes and I must say I am very impressed with the creativity of some of our guests. I cannot wait to see what they plan to wear.  Doug and I have our outfits selected and I just need to steam his shirt!  I promise to take plenty of photos and have a wrap up post next Tuesday sharing details of the party, especially as I have not shared all of the details to keep some of my friends from knowing too much ahead of time.




*     *     *     *     *     *

Let's get an early start on celebrating
National Scrapbooking Month!!!



Starting today (9:00 am mountain time), when you place an order of $35 or more in products from the Close to My Heart Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book between April 17 and May 31, you may add the Dotty for You paper packet, valued at $19.95, for just $5. Dotty for You includes 24 specially designed, coordinating B&T Duos® sheets (2 each of 12 patterns) and an artwork idea insert to get your creative juices flowing. But that’s not all! There are two ways your customers can get this darling paper packet FREE!


*Taxes and shipping/handling may apply.

 

Dotty for You Paper Packet (CC1017) $5 with a qualifying purchase
• 24 Coordinating B&T Duos® Sheets (2 each of 12 patterns)

* * * * * * * * *


Remember that you can also grab April's STAMP OF THE MONTH, You Are, a 15 piece limited edition stamp set.  I love the two background stamps in this set as well as the wonderful word stamps that will work well on both cards and your scrapbook pages!  The stamp set retails for $17.95, however with a minimum qualifying purchase ($50), get your D-size Stamp of the Month set for just $5.00! Add the stamp set to your cart on  at full retail price or, with your qualifying order, add it at checkout for the promotional price.








2 comments:

lovemypaper said...

WOW SUPER CUTE!

DonnaMundinger said...

Looks YUMMY and the menus are so elegant. So glad you didn't get rain. xxD