Monday, April 2, 2012

Princess: A Definition



Hello everyone!  Welcome to another Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday challenge.  This week our challenge cut was selected by my design team sister, Mona.  Mona selected the word "PRINCESS" as the challenge cut, to be used in any project of your choice.

I create a 12 x 12 inch framed wall art using my definition of a the word Princess.  "Princess (noun):  A girl like Cinderella who proves that a new pair of shoes can change your life."  I have a friend that needs this framed piece hanging in her walk-in closet.  She has quite the shoe (Imelda Marcos, anyone?) addiction.




I used four cartridges to create my framed art:  Letter Envy, Divine Wedding, Wedding, and Summer in Paris - the last three cartridges supplied the shoes.  Using Cricut Craft Room I set up my cut file to include five pages - a preview page, all of the cuts for the word PRINCESS, all of the cuts for the word CINDERELLA, the black text, and the shoes.  I made my all capital letters 1 inch tall and the smaller letters of a different font, 1.25 inches tall.   The decorative font I used for the words PRINCESS, CINDERELLA, and CAN cuts much better at a larger size.  I had issue with some of my tiny details shredding.  I over came this issue by incorporating gems into the design to compensate for details.


Each of my three shoes were cut at just under 2 inches.  I cut multiple layers for each shoe.  The shoes, silver, gold and pink, were gemmed out and placed within the over all design.  My wonderful background cardstock is from Kaisercrafts and the pink cardstock is Bazzill.

Remember, at Bitten by the Bug 2 we love it when you play along with us and participate in our weekly challenge cut.  Once you have created your project, link it under the Princess projects on the BBTB2 blog

8 comments:

Margie said...

HA! You got that right! LOL! Fabulous project, Susan!

Kate said...

Wow This is really so pretty. TFS

Hugs,
Kate

Cindy said...

Very nice. Love that saying.

DonnaMundinger said...

You sure you didn't make this for me? Too cute! xxD

Scrapbooking for Joy said...

I just LOVE what you created. I think ALL girl love having a new pair of shoe. Fab take on this challenge :0)

**Treefrog** said...

OMGoodness I Love it! Love the saying, I'll have to store that away for future projects, lol! Don't you just hate it when your paper tears but what a great idea, with all the bling you'd never know it!
((Hugs)) Theresa

talha said...

I like your creations, suitable for gifts.



plastic cards
plastic card printing
scratch cards printing

Debbie said...

I love this!! I have that quote about Cinderella but could not think how to implement the word "princess"! Now I know!!