Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mom, Are The Dishes Clean or Dirty?



How many times have you been asked if the dishes in the dishwasher are clean or dirty?  Or worse yet, have you found that a helpful person added dirty dishes to the clean dishes assuming they were all dirty?  Several years ago we over came that issue by using Dirty and Clean signs with our dishwasher.   Our clean/dirty signs were looking really horrid and badly needed replacing.  For several weeks I intended to use the cricut and create new dishwasher signs and finally last night was my moment.




I used two cartridges to create my signs:  Close to my Heart's Art Philosophy and From My Kitchen.  I had not used From My Kitchen in quite a while so it was fun to pull out the cartridge and spend time with an old friend! 

I used Art Philosophy to cut the base card shapes - I love all of the shapes on Art Philosophy - and to cut the card titles.  Art Philosophy has a nice clean font.

I used From my Kitchen to cut the plate and flatware set as well as the smelly fish plate.  "Clean" was a bit easier to represent than dirty.  With clean I used the sparking clean plate and silver, but I had a tough time with dirty.  Finally I chose the fish platter!!!  THAT would be dirty!

If you create you own clean/dirty cards remember that you can use Cricut Magnet Material for the backs if you want them to stick to your dishwasher.  We actually do not attach our signs to the dishwasher, but lay them on the counter above.  But the magnet material would be great if you do plan to put them on your dishwasher door.



*     *     *     *      *     *     *     *

Let's get an early start on celebrating National Scrapbooking Month!!!



As a reminder, remember the great promotion that Close To My Heart is doing started yesterday. When you place an order of $35 or more in products from the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book between April 17 and May 31, you may add the Dotty for You paper packet, valued at $19.95, for just $5. Dotty for You includes 24 specially designed, coordinating B&T Duos® sheets (2 each of 12 patterns) and an artwork idea insert to get your creative juices flowing. But that’s not all! There are two ways your customers can get this darling paper packet FREE!


Hostesses will receive a free Dotty for You paper packet when their Gathering sales total $400 or more (excluding tax, shipping/handling, and Operation Smile donations).

New Consultants will receive a free Dotty for You paper packet when they join the CTMH team between now and May 31st!




3 comments:

Josie0602 said...

I love your signs!! I made a magnet for mine about a month ago and I love it!

lovemypaper said...

Great idea!

DonnaMundinger said...

These are sooo cute! I need to make some...BADLY! Fab idea! xxD