Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Greatest Hit



Hi everyone.  With Easter quickly approaching I am busy making items for Easter basket packaging and place setting name tags.  I have invited a few friends over for Easter dinner and I am using the 3D carrot cut from Teresa Collins Bunnies and Chicks digital cartridge to create "name carrots"!  In the meantime, I thought I would share an easy last minute Easter card, a "greatest hits" from last year's BBTB2 Easter Egg challenge.   This card was sooo easy to make and looks so involved. 



I used the Easter 2010 Cricut cartridge to cut this egg shaped card, and the hanging eggs below.  I welded two plain egg shapes together to create the base card and topped it with a scalloped egg shaped frame and the pretty flower cut out egg.  I placed small hand cut pieces of cardstock behind the cut outs for more drama. 

The edges of the egg were shaded with chalk and then store bought (gasp!!) flowers were applied. I finished the card with a few doodles.



I created double sided eggs to hang on my Easter tree, along with store bought eggs.  This year I added even more eggs to the tree and am using it as a dinning room centerpiece.


Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Carole Beath said...

So so wonderful..... so so Easter-ish. I love it.
Carole

Ildi-The craftin mama said...

This project came out sooooo BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Ildi-The Craftin Mama
www.thecraftinmama.blogspot.com