Monday, April 16, 2012

Balloons and Birthday Vintage Card


Hello everyone!  Welcome to a Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday!  The design team is back from our Easter break and are ready to share our latest challenge with you.  My sweet design team sister, Jeri chose this week's challenge cut - balloons from any cartridge made into a birthday card.

I rarely use vintage images in my cards, though I do like the vintage look. I thought this weekly challenge offered a perfect opportunity to use a vintage image. I found this sweet little girl clown and though she was not the exact image for which I was searching, I thought she was ideal for the balloon challenge!!




I used two Cricut cartridge to create this card, Close to My Heart's Art Philosophy and A Child's Year.  I used A Child's Year to cut four red balloons.  I trimmed away the red strings and using tiny glue dots, I added natural colored twine to the balloons.   I backed each balloon with a scrap of white cardstock which shows through the slit.

I used CTMH's Art Philosophy cartridge to cut out the vintage image, the scalloped circle on which the image is matted, the gold tag, and the shaped card pieces.  I cut three pieces to create the base card - a white back panel, a black and white stripe front panel, and a smaller red and white print inset panel.  I added a red ribbon to the red and white panel then attached the panel to the striped front panel.  I used a hole punch and added the rings to the top of the card.  I thought I had smaller rings and I do think these are a bit large, but overall I like the idea of using the rings to attach the front and back panels together.  Before finishing with the base card, I stamped Happy Birthday inside the card.


I printed two copies of my vintage girl clown.  I cut one copy with the Cricut and attached it to the scalloped matting.  Using micro tipped scissors I cut the red bow, the girls head and hat, and the red heart from my second copy of the vintage image.  Using tiny pop dots I "popped" the cuts over the base image.  I used pop dots on the balloons and with tiny glue dots I affixed the bottom end of the balloon strings "under" the bow.



I used Close to My Heart's adorable birthday stamp set, "LOOK WHO'S" (a twenty piece set pictured above), to stamp the "make a wish" sentiment inside the tag. 


I know I mentioned this last week, but remember that Bitten by the Bug 2 is currently having a design team call.  For more information on the design team call read THIS POST at BBTB2.   And as always, we love it when you join our weekly challenge and share your projects with us.  Please link your balloon birthday card under the balloon birthday card post at BBTB2.

I will be back tomorrow with another Titanic Tuesday post.  My party is this Saturday and I still have a lot of work to do!!  Also, Close to my Heart has a great special beginning tomorrow that I cannot wait to share with you!!



8 comments:

Julia Moss said...

I love the image on your card....And those colors are always a fav of mine. Great job with the challenge.....as usual!

Carole Beath said...

A perfect blending of papers and colors, the vintage image is just as sweet as can be and the balloons seal the deal for our challenge.
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh so adorable! Love the combination of the vintage image and the Cricut cuts. Fabulous! xxD

Carol said...

Beautiful card, creative design. TFS

Sandi said...

great backgrounds for those balloons, yeah! hugs

Jeri said...

WOW Susan, this is just amazing. The red, white and black are one of my favorite color combos. I loved reading how this card came together.

Lori said...

What a great card! Very creative ")

Penniannie said...

Oh Susan this is fabulous I lovvvve vintage, great project....

Penny

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS