Monday, March 19, 2012

Welcome Baby Conner


Hello Everyone!  It is a Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday here at Busy with the Cricky.  My sweet design team sister Theresa from Blinky Blossoms selected this week's challenge cut.  For those who are new to Busy with the Cricky and Bitten by the Bug 2, the weekly challenge cut is a Cricut cut selected by a team member for the entire team to use to create a project.  We invite all readers to join us and create a project using the weekly challenge cut.  Theresa chose the word "Welcome" for the team to use this week.

I decided to use the challenge cut to create a new baby card for my friend Peggy's daughter, who's baby is due very soon.  I used the font on the Kate's ABC's cartridge to spell out the word Welcome and also the words Baby Conner.  I also used Kate's ABC's to cut the cute Bunny scene and the bunny baby carriage.  I chose a the bunnies because Conner is due right around Easter.


I used Close to my Heart's Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the base card, the background mat, and the shaped mats.  I used pop dots to assemble the bunny scene on the mats.

The card was finished with a few doodles and dots and a cute blue felt and button layered flower. 



Remember that the Close to my Heart exceptional "How-to" series of books are on close-out sale.  When they sell out that will be it for this awesome products.  I personally purchased the remaining books simply because two of my friends (who I truly trust) speak so highly of the books.  For more information on the books please continue on to my previous blog post.



And finally, don't forget about the March Stamp of the Month, POTENTIAL.  The lovely stamp set is available only for the month of March.  It is an exclusive eight piece set which retails for $17.95, or can be added to any $50.00 order for $5.00.   For more information on the Stamp of the Month or any Close to My Heart product, visit my Close to My Heart on-line store!

4 comments:

Kim said...

This is the cutest card! I love the little bunnies and the punched edges:)
~Kim

Dakota Bear said...

Very cute card! Kate's ABCs is one of my favorite cartridges, I used it recently to make a book.

Kathleen Norris Rimer said...

Hi Susan - this is an adorable "Welcome Baby" Card!.
I live in Florida now, but moved here from Aiken. We loved it there...glad to hear you do too!
Kathy

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Susan this is adorable, your friend is going to cherish this, Thanks for the sweet comments too! Kate's and Nate's ABC's are one of my all time favorite carts! I'm so glad you enjoyed the challenge!
((Hugs)) Theresa

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS