Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wedding Favor Preview



Just like chopsticks, Kyle and Ashley are a perfectly matched pair! Kyle, the only son of MFK (My Friend Kathy) is getting married this Friday. His fiance`, Ashley, chose chopsticks as their wedding favor. Kyle is assigned to an aircraft carrier currently stationed in Japan. As a result, and as a result of Ashley's visits, both Bride and Groom love Japan and thought chopsticks would be a nice tribute.



I designed the tags for the chopsticks using Close to My Heart's Art Philosophy cartridge. The bride and her mother came over and looked at various color samples and chose orange and yellow tas as they blend with the fire rose (on the label) that will be in the centerpieces.
I used Microsoft's PowerPoint to create the word portion of the tag. I edited the photo of the rose and took it down to 1.5 inches. I copied and pasted the rose to fill the full slide area. I then used word art to create the half circle text areas. Once I had the text where I wanted it, I grouped the two half circles together and copied and pasted them over each of the rose photos. After printing the slides out onto 8.5 x 11 inch photo paper, I used a 1.5 inch circle punch to cut out the individual circles.



The tags were assembled and added to the chopsticks last month when our scrappy girlfriends went on our scrapbook retreat in Spartanburg. By splitting up the assembly we were able to finish the tags in about 30 minutes!


I really like how the chopstick favors turned out. I think this is an adorable favor idea, especially given that Kyle is stationed in Japan. And just like our Bride and Groom, this is very unique!

3 comments:

L.B. said...

very fun favor! Cute labels

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

This is very creative my sweet friend..Hope u and your beautiful family r well...Hugs..Krista

DonnaMundinger said...

Such a cute idea for the favors, especially with the connection to Japan! Fabulous! xxD