Monday, March 5, 2012

Kiss Me, I'm Irish With Bitten by the Bug 2


Hello everyone.  At Bitten by the Bug 2 this week we are offering some Irish inspiration for your upcoming St. Patrick's Day projects.  My lovely design team sister, LORI, selected this week's challenge cut - a generic shamrock.  In other words, use a shamrock from any cartridge to create a project.  This was is an especially easy challenge given the new digital cartridges in Cricut Craft Room.


I used three cartridges to create this St. Patrick's Day card:  St. Patrick's Day (digital), Art Philosophy, and Indie Art.  The layered medallion was cut using the new St. Patrick's Day digital cartridge.  I was forced to do a bit of editing on the final project as I had a difficult time making the full "Kiss Me, I'm" portion of the cut readable.  The words cut from the layer and should be readable with the solid color behind the layer.  My words did not show well.  I tried to add gold Stickles over the letters to help define them, but that too was not successful.  Finally I made a bow and attached it over the words!!

I cut the lips - which should have coordinated well with the "Kiss Me I'm Irish" phrase, except "Kiss Me I'm" is now covered(!) - with  Indie Art.  I used Stickles to line the lips.

The base card and the background mat on the front of the card were cut with my current favorite cartridge, Close to my Heart Art Philosophy


I added the little shamrock, outlined with gold stickles, to the upper right corner as a tiny accent.



I added Close to My Heart ribbon behind the medallion.  My original plan called for this to be a subtle use of ribbon to add a bit of texture.  However, with the readability issue I was forced to add the ribbon to the front of the card. 

I finished the card with white pen accents and a few more touches of gold stickles. 

For more information on any of the Close to My Heart products featured in this article, click the links in the item names or visit my Close to My Heart On-line Store!!!



This is a big week here in Aiken - MFK (My Friend Kathy)'s son is getting married this week!  They have family arriving and final details to see to, but this should be a fun and exciting week.  Later this week I will share the favor project I designed for their wedding favors.  Also, I will update you on wedding details as they become available!

8 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

Well I think it looks gorgeous with the ribbon bow across the middle and the lips tell the story with the Irish! Fabulous card Susan!
Hugs
Juliexx

Julia Moss said...

Your card is gorgeous and cute and the same time. I love those lips!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Awwww this is darling..Really pops with gorgeous colors...Krista

Sandi said...

beautiful, love that bling and the ribbon is perfect. hugs

DonnaMundinger said...

Well I think it turned out beautifully! I didn't need to see the "kiss me" to know what the lips were about. Love your colors and papers and the bow is fab! xxD

Jeri said...

I had to laugh when I read your post. I looked at those digital images and wondered how in the world those little letters would come out. Now I know. Good idea to cover it with a bow. Love your papers and patterns.

JustYolie said...

oh oh!! That's beautiful with the purple!!! Love it!

Lori said...

Love, love, love the purple and the green. It's so unexpected but looks great together!