Friday, March 23, 2012

Guest Designer's Welcome Card


Hello everyone! Today I am sharing a lovely card created by a guest designer, Susan Miller.  Susan is new to the world of Cricut and paper crafting - based on this AMAZINGLY lovely card, I can only imagine where Susan will go with her wonderful talent!  Susan wanted to participate in the Bitten by the Bug 2 Welcome challenge this week, but she does not have a blog.  So I am thrilled to be able to share Susan's card with you.

From Susan:  "I loved the colors in these papers, and that's what inspired me to make it a spring card.  The words are from the April Showers cartridge, cut twice in two different sizes and colors. I wanted the emphasis to be on the "Welcome". The large layered butterfly is from the Picturesque cartridge, and has purple stickles on one of the layers. The smaller butterfly is from the Ultimate Creative Series Sampler, and the framed mat is from Art Philosophy. The two background papers (stripe and large dot) are digital paper files from sherykdesigns.com called "Tempting 20". I lined the envelope with one of these as well. The word "spring" and the small butterfly have Elmer's sparkle glue on them."



Fabulous, fabulous job Susan!  Thank you so much for sharing your lovely spring card today!!!
 

9 comments:

lovemypaper said...

Very pretty card!

Anonymous said...

Wow......this card is so BEAUTIFUL!!!! Let's see more!!! I am new to my Cricut Machine and love all the nice ideas! Thanks for sharing. Grandma in Maui

0900Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
0900Lee said...

I agree I to am new to the cricut so I am just loving this site. My only problem is it takes so long for the Cricut cartridges to come to New Zealand Retailers, and of course some never get here boo ho. Thanks for sharing cheers Lee

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! the colors and design are fabulous! Let's make sure Susan's card is linked up to Mr. Linky so she'll be eligible for the prize. I say YOU post it on Mr Linky for her so all the gals can see it. I think you'll have to put your email and the link to this post, but I think you can put her name. See if that works, ok? xxD

~JulieH~ said...

Oh this is absolutely beautiful Susan, you will definitely haveto set upa blog so we can see more of your lovely creations! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
Juliex

Carole Beath said...

Wow, this is wonderful.... I hope we can get to see more of Susan Miller's lovely work. Thanks to Susan for joining us with our BBTB2 challenge...and thanks to Susan our wonderful DT sister for helping her do just that.
Carole

Melissa said...

Just lovely all around...the card, colors, the envelope, the butterfly...all of it! Thanks for linking up on BBTB2. :)

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Susan this is Gorgeous! (And Thank You Susan for posting this for her!) I love the colors and I agree, perfect for Spring, love the sparkle, one of my favorite embellishments, lol! I sure hope you do decide to set up a blog and share more of your projects with us. Thank you so much for sharing with us over at BBTB2 and sure hope to see you again!
((Hugs)) Theresa