Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fashionistas on Clear Cards!


Hello everyone.  Today I am sharing a spring girlfriend card with you.  This fun card was created using the Art Philosophy cartridge and other Close to My Heart products, including our Clear Cards fun edged card set, Lucy cardstock set, and the Fashionistas seven piece stamp set.  


I began by stamping my shopping Fashionista image (woman #1 on the left in the above photo) three times, in three different colors of CTMH ink.  Using micro tipped scissors I cut out my base woman.  I continued on cutting the hair from the brown image and the dress, shoes and bag from the sunset image.  Using micro tipped glue I assembled my fashionista, added foam squares to the back and set her aside. 

Using the same brown ink, I stamped the row of shops stamp on to white cardstock.  I used orange and peach markers to color in the white areas.  After cutting out the stamped image and adding foam squares to the back, I set the shops aside.


Using my Cricut and the Art Philosophy cartridge I cut a 2 inch circle and a 2.25 inch scalloped circle.  I stamped the "Love who You are" phrase onto the circle and layered the two cuts together.  I also cut three rectangles in three different prints to use inside the card. 

I layer the argyle and dot cardstocks together and placed then INSIDE the card, on the front facing out.   I placed the third rectangle onto the back of the card, facing the inside. 

Using the second phrase stamp in the Fashionistas set, I stamped the Bo Derek quote onto yellow cardstock.  The phrase reads, "Whoever said money can't buy happiness...  Simply doesn't know where to go shopping!"  Amen, Bo!


I finished my card by attaching the Fashionista, the shops and the circle tag to the front of the card.  I also added a tiny butterfly left over from a previous project.  

This would make a great birthday card or just because friend card.  Either way, I do quite like the Fashionistas and I do see myself spending more time with them in the near future!!


Links:
I know that a couple of you have taken advantage of the "How-to" series book sale.  I know the numbers are quite limited and when they sell out they will be completely gone.  The books are fabulous and you should not miss this chance to pick up one or two of them at the close-out sale! 


Don't forget our fabulous Stamp of the Month set, Potential.  This lovely stamp set is available for the month of March only (Ten more days!!) and retails for $17.95.  Or... with a $50.00 purchase, the Potential stamp set can be added to your cart during checkout for $5.00!



And FINALLY, today is my birthday!!  I will be having lunch with a girlfriend, doing dinner with my hubby, and then enjoying my ballroom dance class.  Last week we finished with the Rumba so this week we will begin a new dance.  Let's hope that I do not break a leg on my birthday!!

6 comments:

scrapdiva said...

wow, what a beautiful card, love the colors

June Houck said...

Fab fab fab clear card, Susan! Thank you for the inspiration. Love this stylin' card :)

Plastic Card said...

Unique idea to design clear cards to make it attractive as it's most difficult to achieve....

Usman Hadi said...

Eye catching Designs!Unique style to catch the attraction of consumers using plastic cards

Anonymous said...

nice way to promote Scratch Card
business

ZMalik said...

clear cards are most captivating among all the types..