Monday, March 26, 2012

Easter with a Flourish


Hello everyone, welcome to another Monday Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  This week's challenge cut was selected by my fabulously British design team sister, Julie.  Julie chose for the design team to use any flourish from the Cindy Loo cartridge.  In that Easter is just around the corner I thought this was a perfect time to break out an Easter card.



I used two flourishes from Cindy Loo, a large border flourish on the front of the card and a smaller single flourish inside.  I embellished the flourish with Close to My Heart's Bitty Buds


For the trio of Easter eggs across the front of the card I used Cricut Craft Room's exclusive Teresa Collins Easter Basket cartridge.  I cut all three layers of the eggs, the decorative front, the contrast middle layer and the shadow/base layer.  I added a chick and a bunny from the Easter 2010 seasonal cartridge. 


Inside the card, as I stated above, I added a small flourish.  I also added a lace border and the two little eggs that were left over from the eggs on the front of the card. As you can see I still have plenty of space to add a sentiment or write a note.

The base card, the striped matting and the lace pieces were each cut from the Close to my Heart Art Philosophy cartridge.  I just love the shape of this card and find myself using it frequently.


Before you rush away, remember that the BBTB2 design team loves it when you play along with us.  Use any flourish from Cindy Loo, or any other Cricut cartridge flourish, and link your project to the BBTB2 site

*     *     *     *     *

Close to my Heart News:  We are down to the final week of the Stamp of the Month, Potential.  Be sure to order your stamp set this week as they will be unavailable after March 31. 


The How-To series of books are still on close out sale.  I ordered two more of the books and they arrived Friday.  The layouts in these books are just lovely and I know the books will be great resources for me.


6 comments:

Beckie said...

Very nice card.

Be blessed, Beckie

Carole Beath said...

Oh susan, this is just wonderful. I love all the delighful details.... and thanks for joining with the challenge. Hope you are feeling better.
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

Sooo pretty, Susan! This was above and beyond because I know you were under the weather. Thanks so much for participating. BTW, go read my comment under Susan Miller's card about getting it linked up to the Welcome challenge. I'd hate to have her miss out. xxD

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Susan this is gorgeous love those eggs and that you carried the gorgeous decorating through to the inside of your card. Fabulous!
Hugs
juliexx

Jeri said...

Cute, cute card, Susan. Love the patterned papers and those eggs are just fabulous. I can hardly believe Easter is so close.

Lori1brat said...

What a sweet Easter card ! I love all the details .... the punched lacy background is really beautiful too !!!!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS