Friday, March 16, 2012

Easter Cards with my Peeps!


It has been a long week and I finally found time to share a project with you.  Last night my friend Peggy hosted our Close to My Heart Stamp Club.  There are six stamp club member and we meet six times per year, once at each home.  We agreed that each person must purchase a minimum of $25 in stamp merchandise allowing each member to receive hostess credit once during the year.   This cute little Easter card was last night's project.


The way stamp club works is I design a project and create kits for each attendee.  I take all of the materials and offer any instruction that might be needed.  We assemble the projects - which is fun for me because the stampers always amaze me with their creativity.  I love the changes they make in the designs and feel that each person should have the option to personalize their project.


Last night we used Close to My Heart's stamp set B1412, My Peeps along with the CTMH X7149, Lucy Paper Pack to create this cute Easter card.  The base cards were cut in light pink cardstock using CTMH's Z1686 Art Philosophy cartridge.  We stamped the Easter eggs onto the argyle print cardstock and colored the eggs with markers.  Next we stamped the Easter phrase "happy Easter with my peeps..." across the green print cardstock.  Finally we stamped the little bunnies onto pink cardstock, cut them out and pop dotted two of the bunnies to the card.  The third bunny was attached to the card using CTMH Z1725, Adhesive Springs.  Some of the ladies used pop dots on all three bunnies, stamped a fourth bunny and used the spring to make a pop up bunny inside the card!  They are soooo smart!!


This is a close up of my VERY QUICK coloring job.  I used three shades of pink markers and randomly colored the eggs.


I have added the links to the Close to My Heart products, except the ink, so let me quickly add those too.  We used Chocolate and Hollyhock colored inks.  I love the quality of all of the CTMH inks!


One last item before I wish you a happy weekend - don't forget about the very pretty March Stamp of the Month, POTENTIAL.  This elegant eight piece stamp set is available only until the end of the month and retails for $17.95.  With a $50.00 order you will be prompted during check out to add the Stamp of the Month to your cart for only $5.00. 

These great projects were embellished using the Potential stamp set.


I wish each of you a wonderful weekend.  I hope you find some time to do a bit of crafting!

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Adorable,!!


Rosiemini@gmail.com
Www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Shawnee said...

Very cute card!!