Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What A Week...



Greetings from the missing Susan Edwards!  I did not completely disappear from the blogosphere, but I did have a rough week which overshadowed blogging.  I took a few days away to deal with life beyond Busy with the Cricky. 

Not only was my week busy, it was also stress-filled with several heart breaking events.  My husband lost his uncle last week, and a former co-worker and his wife lost their new baby to a genetic disorder.  Both were heart breaking loses; the one beyond understanding, but with the other we were comforted in knowing that Uncle Fred had lived a long, full and happy life and we were blessed to have had him.

Long before my stressful week began I was scheduled to attend a scrapbooking weekend getaway in Spartanburg, SC.  My friend Kathy won a weekend crop for herself and some of her friends and this was the weekend we were going away.  Due to my week I almost did not go, but we worked it so that I was able to attend the crop and join my husband and daughter and travel on to attend Uncle Fred's funeral. 

The crop was a lot of fun and we LOVED the hosting store and facility.  Our host was Scrapbook Creations, as I said, in Spartanburg.  If you visit their website you can find out all about their facilities, classes, and crops.  Trust me, it is well worth the trip!


Above is the front door of the store, from inside.  The store is large and well stocked.  The are tools to use, classes to take, products to try, and lots and lots of work area.  Below is what you see as you walk through the front door.



Looking to the right from the front door is a display of the latest arriving products along with sample projects.  This front "new arrivals" section was the inventory in the store that was not on sale.  Scrapbook Creations was in the middle of receiving their CHA orders so EVERYTHING was on sale for 36% off!!!  Sweet! 



As you wander through the store you will be amazed at the quantity of products available.  Most products are sorted by labeled themes. 


Below is a photo of the ribbon, trim, brad, etc wall.  Hundreds of wonderful products to enhance whatever project you happen to be scrapping.


I have to admit that my favorite part of the store was the cardstock section.  Spanning the length of the store, this display is double sided and holds nothing but cardstock.  Needless to add, I came home stocked up on cardstock!  And remember that I said everything was on sale 36% off??  Cardstock too!!!



 The middle of the right side of the store is the cropping area.  Each cropper receives an "L" shaped 4 x 4 ft personal scrap area.  You can bring your Cricut with you and any other of your normal scrap supplies.



On the far left end of the store is a small cafe, Ice Cream and Coffee Creations.  But let me tell you, there is more that just ice cream and coffee.  Our breakfast was supplied by Scrapbook Creations' cottage every morning.  Our lunches, dinners and snacks were purchased at the cafe.  They have a nice selection of sandwiches, soups, and salads, as well as pizza, ice cream and cookies.  We did not have to leave the property all weekend!


I had intended to photograph the cottage, but I forgot to do that before leaving.  The cottage is an older home next door that Scrapbook Creations purchased and completed gutted and redesigned the inside.  There are common kitchen and living areas as well as four bedrooms, each with it's own full bathroom.  There is also a laundry area and half bath.  Each bedroom has two full size beds.  We stayed two women per room and did not feel the least bit crowded.  There are also two sleeper sofas in the living area, but we did not utilize those as beds.  But the cottage could sleep ten without sharing a bed.

I did manage to finish my cruise scrapbook and a few other projects over the weekend and I will share those with you later in the week.  In the meantime, I am in recovery mode and have spend the day relaxing.

3 comments:

Diana Lynn Martin said...

This must be what Heaven looks like!! It's so beautiful I almost shed a tear (and I still might). Seriously, I'm very sorry for your recent losses & I hope life brings you nothing but new beginnings now & always....

Diana :)

Jen @ Creating with the J's said...

I wish I had a local scrapbook store, let alone one that looked like that. still dreaming. So sorry to hear that 2012 hasn't been kind so far. Hugs!!!

Cass said...

So sorry to hear about your recent losses. Both are so sad, but that poor baby. My thoughts are with the parents.