Monday, February 13, 2012

Couples Heart with Love Struck


Hello everyone, happy St. Valentine's Day!  Yes, I know I am a day early, but this is my week to select the challenge cut for Bitten by the Bug 2's design team so I ended up with a bit of a jump on Valentine's day.  I selected the couple heart from the Love Struck 2010 cartridge.  I think this couple is so sweet looking and I wanted to share them with you for Valentine's day.


I used three cartridges to create this card, Love Struck 2010, Art Philosophy, and Just Because Cards.  I used Cricut Craft Room to design the card, arrange and size the cuts.  I cut my Love Struck couple in four layers.  The base layer is a pink and white strip floral print, followed by a white layer, next was the medium pink couple layer, and finally the heart edging was cut in light pink cardstock and hand trimmed to fit the edge of the heart.   

The base card was cut in textured pink cardstock using Just Because Cards.  The striped layer was also cut with Just Because Cards. 

I used Art Philosophy to cut the lattice trim and the rosettes.  The rosettes were cut at 2 inches and assembled with tiny glue dots.  I added accents of Stickles and a gem stone to the rosettes as finishing touches.


I embellished the card with a few swirls of Prima bling and assorted gem stones.  I added gems to the middle of each rose, and to the upper and lower hearts on the couple cut.  I took a small strip of gems and added a necklace and earring to the woman in the cut.

I finished the card with an oval tag with the sentiment "I Love YOU".   The inside of the card is stamped with a Happy Valentine's Day sentiment.

Please remember to drop by the Bitten by the Bug 2 site to see the design team's lovely projects.  Please do consider playing along with us this week and creating your own couple heart project. 

I wish each of you a very lovely St. Valentine's Day!!



*     *     *     *     *



If you have not already purchased the Close to my Heart Art Philosophy cartridge but follow my blog regularly, you already know how frequently I use this cartridge.  With it's 700 cut images it is by far the most useful cartridge in my collection.  If you have not already added this cartridge to your collection please consider giving yourself a fabulous Valentine's gift.  You can purchase the Art Philosophy cartridge at my Close to My Heart on-line store.



The February Stamp of the Month is a limited edition 11 piece stamp set titled, Thoughtful Tidings.  You can purchase this set this month only for $17.95 - OR - with a $50 order you may add the Stamp of the Month for $5.00 to your order during check out.


9 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous, Susan! Love the colors and fab details. Thanks for a great challenge. Happy VD. xxD

Tina Campbell said...

Sooo cute!

**Treefrog** said...

So Pretty Susan! I'm so sorry I missed the challenge, I actually had a project done (I used another cart., don't have Love Struck) But I've been cleaning and re-organizing and can not find my card, lol! Funny thing is, I was going to give it to my Hubby, LOL! Love all the projects from all the gals!
((Hugs)) Theresa

~JulieH~ said...

Oh this is beautiful Susan! I love the colours and bling especially the earring and necklace! Wonderfil card
Hugs
Juliexx

Pink Lady's Paradise said...

I adore black and pink and you executed it perfectly!!! Great card.

Thanks for the inspiration,
Cindy :)

Julia Moss said...

Gorgeous card, Susan. This is too funny....I've had my eye on Art Philosophy for a while and just bought it last night...a little gift for myself for my birthday. I'm glad you said you loved it because I was a little hesitant. Now after reading your comment, I'm anxious to get it.

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

So pretty my sweetie friend....

Carole Beath said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous.... I love the papers and the color theme, and the design is fabby. What a fun challenge..
Carole

Debbie said...

This is beautiful!! I love that cut you chose!! (tho I don't have that cart... yet:) )
Such pretty detail and embellishing!!!