Monday, February 27, 2012

Bitten by the Bug Monogram Challenge


Hello everyone.  Today is Monday and that means it is time for another Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  The challenge cut this week was selected by the design team co-leader, Donna.  Donna made this a super easy challenge as you can use any font cartridge and create a monogram project.  I created a monogrammed note card.

I received the new Cricut Circle cartridge, Letter Envy, last Thursday so it was a "no contest" on which cartridge I planned to use for this challenge.  I really like this fun cartridge!  In addition to the font I used  there is another fun font with a lot of details on each letter and number, and there are crest shapes.  The two layered crest with the floral embellishment on this card are also from Letter Envy.


I chose a simple yet bold color scheme of black, white, and red.  I designed the card in Cricut Craft Room, which I have learned to LOVE.  I created my monogram using three layers for the letters.  I welded the shadow letters together and cut them in deep red.  Next I cut individual letters in white and finally I cut the top layer, the decorative letters, in black.


I cut the crest in the same black, white, and red color scheme. I used ordinary black and red textured cardstock to cut the bottom layer of the crest and the floral embellishment.  I used thick glitter cardstock for the white layer.  One of the many features in Cricut Craft Room that I like is the ability to change the number of times an image is cut on each page.  You do not have to cut all of the pages three times in order to cut one page three times!


The red and black base matting was printed on the Cricut Imagine using the Teresa Collins Black and White cartridge.  I used red cardstock and printed the black design onto the cardstock. Using my paper trimmer, I cut the red and black matting to fit a white 5.5 x 4.25 inch card. 

I finished the card with black pearls and black Prima gems. 


*     *     *     *     *     *

Close To My Heart

For those who are Close to My Heart fans I want to remind you that we are at the end of February and this is your last chance to purchase the February Stamp of the Month, Thoughtful Tidings.  This limited edition stamp set, which may be used on it's own or with the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge, can be yours for $17.95.  Or.... With a $50.00 CTMH purchase, the stamp of the month can be added to your cart during check out and purchased for only $5.00! 

To see this stamp set or any other Close to my Heart products, visit my on-line store HERE!






5 comments:

Julia Moss said...

Stunning and elegant card. Red and black are my favorite card colors.

Annette said...

Lovely design for your card. I really like the colors you chose too. I'm sure you had fun playing with a new cart:)

Annette
mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

**Treefrog** said...

Great Minds Think Alike Girlfriend, LOL! I just Love the colors you chose, so Strikingly Gorgeous! And you know me, Love the sparkle!
((Hugs)) Theresa

DonnaMundinger said...

Yummy! You know when I saw this, I didn't know what the cart was but I got it on Monday. LOVE! almost did my card in this colorway myself. This is sooo fabulous! xxD

Lori said...

Susan, what an elegant card! I am enjoying Letter Envy more than I thought I would. I like the mismatch font but I also love that it has one matching font like the one you used. Red and black is so dramatic - Love it!