Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Birthday Card With Letter Envy


I am soooo loving the new Cricut Circle cartridge, Letter Envy.  I have used it twice this week - my only two trips into my craft room!  This cartridge is so cute.  Just look at the numbers 5 and 2 - they have such adorable details! 


Do I even need to mention that this is a birthday card?  I made this for a fun friend who I think will enjoy the funky detailed numbers.  I used Cricut Craft Room to create this card.  I welded the 5 and 2 together, then used the "group" function.  I then copied and pasted the welded 52 and flipped the image.  By welding the two 52s together at the top of the numbers I created a folded base card. 


Before cutting I added the word "Happy" to the left edge of the number 5.  I then cut the base card in orange cardstock.  I cut the additional number layers in assorted cardstock.  I assembled the elements, using pop-dots to lift the flowers.  I finished the card with Stickles, Smooches, and Close to My Heart Gem Buttons for the Bling Assortment set.  The Bling Assortment is available for purchase at my Close to My Heart on line store.  Just click on the item name.


And speaking of Close to My Heart - today is your last chance to purchase the February Stamp of the Month set, Thoughtful Tidings. This limited edition stamp set, which may be used on it's own or with the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge, can be yours for $17.95. Or.... With a $50.00 CTMH purchase, the stamp of the month can be added to your cart during check out and purchased for only $5.00!



17 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

ooh this is absolutely fabulous Susan! I would love to receive a card like this, your friend will love it!
Hugs
Juliexx

Josie0602 said...

Love this!! I havent played with mine very much yet but I love those large numbers.

Tracy

Susan from SC said...

SOOOOO gorgeous! I don't suppose you have the DS file I could "borrow? Such an awesome creation - LOVE IT!!

--Susan

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

really awesome card. Cricut Craft Room sure does allow you to be super creative with the cuts. Love what you did with this card. I'm sure your friend will love it.

1Happy Mimi said...

Cute card!! I don't use CCR, but I do have DS. I'll have to try that idea for a big '65Bday' for an old friend (sorry for the pun!)

Beckie said...

Gorgeous. I love the bright papers.

Creative Cutter Room is having a shape card challenge...you should link up.

Be blessed, Beckie

DonnaMundinger said...

Holy CRAP! Love, love, LOVE! may have to scraplift. xxD

Pat N. said...

Wow, what a great card Susan. You did a good job with it. TFS!--pat N.

Scrappin Dhilly said...

Love it! You did an amazing job, I still haven't received my Letter Envy yet ;(

Heather R... mousemomma said...

I love this card! I want this cart so bad. It makes me wish I could join the circle just to get it!

Jen @ Creating with the J's said...

Such a fun card! Love the colors!

byAnnette said...

I usually don't like orange but love it here!
Especially like your combination of patterns, layering and colors ~*
(Might just have to check this cartridge out now that I am a circlet)

Thanks for sharing
Annette
byannettedotblogspotdotcom

OCCricut said...

This card is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the colors, shape, everything!!

scrapdiva said...

beautiful card, love the bright colors

Michele Green said...

Super fun use of Letter Envy!!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Gorgeous and colorful..Makes me happy to look at it..U r so creative..Krista

baby invitation said...

I find it so unique, i would love to learn to create one. very creative!