Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year 2012


Happy 2012!!  It's the first Monday in the new year and the first Bitten by the Bug 2 post of 2012!   We have had some some changes at BBTB2 while on break.  Heather, who has done a fabulous job with the blog and team, had to step down from managing the design team due to the arrival of her new Grandson!  However, the design team, the BBTB2 blog and the weekly Cricut challenges will continue.  My very talented and super-amazing design team sisters, Donna Mundinger and Carole Lowe Beath have stepped up assumed the leadership roll in continuing the team.  Woo-hoo for Donna and Carole.


So the new year is already bringing new changes!  The first Cricut challenge cut of the new year was selected by my adorably sweet design team sister, Krista Norman.  Krista is such a sweetie and I just love working with her!  Krista chose the ice skate cut from the Winter Woodlands cartridge.

I used the Cricut Expression 2 and cut the skate, the skate shadow, the boot, and the bow at 2.5 inches.  I attached the skate to the card using pop dots to give the skate a "hanging" effect.


I used lots of blues and silver to give the card a cold feeling, though I think this may make a great January birthday card.



Speaking of January birthdays, I am hosting a party for my mom's 75th birthday this week so I will be sharing some of the projects I have made for the party on my blog later this week.  Also, I did get the request to share my roll recipe and I will do that this week also.    After such a long break from my blog and paper crafting in December, I am excited to get my life back to normal!!

Please remember while you are out to go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 site and check out the design team's projects.  They out did themselves after their holiday break!!

15 comments:

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

great card. Love the skate and the snowflakes. The blue bow isn't something I would do because I prefer cards that I can mail but it looks pretty and definitely helps to make the skate look like it's hanging. Thanks for sharing.

Anita said...

beautiful!!!!!Happy New Year.
Hugs, Anita

Scrapbooking for Joy said...

What a fantastic card! Just love the snowflakes and ribbon. Turned out just perfect :)

Jeri said...

Wow-this is just lovely, Susan. I love the silver snowflakes. Fantastic creation!

Annette said...

So pretty! Love all colors.

Annette said...

So pretty! Love all colors.

Pat N. said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous card! Absolutely stunning!--Pat N.

barbsmith2536 said...

Love that ribbon! Congrats. What a great card.

Barb from Toronto, Canada
http://barbsmithdesigns.blogspot.com

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Susan..This is so wintery..I love how to project draws the eye in..It seems so real..Especially with the snowflakes..Happy Birthday to your Moma..Krista

Carole Beath said...

Oh my, Susan, your take on the ice skate challenge from Krista is fabby. I love the elements and that pretty pretty ribbon just seals the whole deal.
Happy New Year.
Hugs
Carole

Julia Moss said...

Great card Susan...love that bow!

DonnaMundinger said...

I totally love the frosty feel to this, Susan. It's just gorgeous and I love that teeny pop of red and the fabulous bow. Happy New Year, Chickie! Looking forward to a fun filled year. xxD

Michele said...

gorgeous

Scrapping Girl said...

Love the colors-it does feel cold and frosty! Your bow is a thing of beauty too! I have not yet gotten the hang of making a pretty bow like that, despite many tries. So glad the BBTB2 blog will go on-it is one of my favorites!

Sherrie K. said...

What a GORGEOUS color combination-I love the pretty details and that bow is fabulous!!! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com