Friday, January 27, 2012

Bridal Tea Invitation


Hello everyone!  I have FINALLY finished the invitations which I have worked on off-and-on all week.  This invitation is for a bridal shower for MFK's (My Friend Kathy's) son Kyle's future bride, Ashley.  Kyle's aunt Kimberly and I are co-hosting a bridal tea in two weeks.  I had to finish the invitations in order to get them in the mail today - and I succeeded!  The last thing Doug and I did before leaving Aiken for the weekend (we are in Chattanooga visiting his mother) was stop by the post office.  AND YES, I did pay twenty cents extra per envelope because of the bow!



I used Cricut Craft Room and three Cricut cartridges to create these invitations:  CTMH's Art Philosophy, A Child's Year, and Kate's ABC's.  The most time consuming part of the cutting and assembly, as you might have guessed, was cutting and assembling the little girl with the tea cup.  She did take a while, but the details were worth the effort!  In the original cut the little girl is reading a book (I think).  I used scissors and trimmed away the book area and added in the tea cup.


I printed the pastry layer cardstock using the Yummy Imagine Cartridge (oops, I guess that means I used four cartridges).  I then printed the invitation information on vellum and added the vellum layer over the pastry cardstock. 


I finished each invitation with a a two inch wide striped ribbon bow, attached with large glue dots. The only problem that I foresee is that the bride to be does not like pink!! Oops.

I will be back with a new post on Monday morning for the monthly BBTB2 blog hop.  But in the meantime, I am in Chattanooga enjoying my in-laws.  Anyone know any good scrap stores in the Chattanooga/Hixson area???  :-)

3 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

AWWWW, these are precious! Have a great weekend. xxD

Scrappin Dhilly said...

Very sweet, I love the idea of the "flat" invite! Who doesn't like pink? It's my favorite color, looks awesome!

Happyscrapin said...

Your invitations are beautiful!