Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Birthday Party Invitations


Hello everyone.  Yesterday I mentioned that I am hosting a celebration for my mom's 75th birthday this Friday.  Originally I planned for the event to be a surprise party, but upon further reflection I decided to get mom's input on the guest list.   And I was pleased that I did.... She provided info on some of her older cousins.

I mailed 25 invitations to some of my mom's friends and to our family members.  I used my Cricut and the Girl's Make-Up Party cartridge to create the invitations.  Going with my somewhat ridiculous theme of "Princess", I chose a pink and black color palette.  I used basic Bazzill cardstock for the pink shaped  base card and black shaped front.  I found the hot pink sparkle cardstock for the crowns and the polka-dot paper at my local Hobby Lobby.   I added a solid pink shadow to the crown as well as a small strip of bling.   I used white Close to My Heart ink to stamp the "You're Invited" phrase.

The inside of the invitation was a bit more complicated.  I began by setting up a Microsoft Word file with six text boxes.  I placed the invitation text into the text boxes and printed the text on white 8.5 x 11 inch cardstock.  I returned to my Cricut Craftroom file and placed six shaped squares on the virtual mat.  Using a ruler I measure the exact location of each text box on my printed page and moved the boxes on the virtual mat to line up with the printed boxes.  

I have used this technique of printing and cutting previously, though never quiet as successfully.  I managed to hit the cutting correctly placed the first time and that has never happened before.  Below is the inside of the invitation, with some of the text redacted (Mom's last name and my home phone number). 


I cut extras of the crowns on the cover of the invitations to use in the middle of the Rosettes I plan to cut with Ribbons and Rosettes and use as decorations at the party.  I will share the rosettes later in the week!  Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

L.B. said...

Very fun and love the sparkle on this! Have a fun party

Pat N. said...

It's never too ridiculous to be a princess; and you're never too old. How fun for you and for your mom! Enjoy! Have you ever used the Centerpoint feature with your Word document? I'm thinking that would work for the inside of your invitations.--Pat N.

Lisa Moreno-Velasquez said...

Love the invites!
It's never ridiculous to be a princess. =)