Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Birthday Party Decor

 

Here she is, my mom - the birthday girl.  To me she does NOT look like she is 75, especially with her tiara I supplied for her birthday party.  She seemed to truly enjoy her party, the guests, the gifts, and especially the food.  I had spent the week before her party baking and preparing foods.  In the end I served Beef Brisket, Shrimp cocktail, Spinach-Feta balls, Macaroni and Cheese, Cheese platter, Veggie and dip platter, fruit platter, and rolls.   Additionally there were lots of sweets!


Last week I shared the invitations that I sent to the guests.  I used a pink, black and white palette.  I continued the color scheme and the princess crown theme through the decorations.  Using Teresa Collins Black and White Imagine cartridge, I printed both sides of white cardstock with the crown print.  I cut the sheets with Ribbons and Rosettes, to make the large black and white rosettes.  I cut pink scalloped centers and added the same glitter crown cut to the rosettes.  

Most of the rosettes were double sided so they were wonderful for center pieces on the tables.  The exception was the very first rosette - the prototype - was single sided.  I ended up using the singled sided rosette in the napkin/plastic ware basket.   



I used the same rosettes in bright pink buckets on the tables with the Cricut flowers.  The flowers are the same design as the Mother's Day Cricut flowers from last year.  I used assorted pink print cardstock to cut the flower pieces.  I finished each flower with a tiny center flower with a gemstone. 


This is a close up of the flower with a white background.


This flower was created with a fun pink plaid.


This is the napkin/plastic ware basket in an off center photo so that you can see some of the 3-D details.


I used extra crowns and crowns on scalloped circles to decorate the buffet table.  Below is a view of the shrimp tower and cheese platter.  I also found five inch skewers with tiny rose buds on them to stick into the cheese!


The fruit platter and spinach-feta balls are surrounded by crowns.


My nephew, Carter, was very interested in Granny's tiara.  He knew it was a girly toy, but wanted to try it on anyway.  I completely encouraged Carter's exploration of his royal side!



Finally, I snapped a quick photo of my mom and my honey, Doug, at her party.  She was nervous as the evening began, but she settled down and had a nice evening.

5 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Happiest of birthdays to your Mom, Susan! You threw her a party fit for a queen! Love the fab decor and the food looks wonderful. I'm sure a good time was had by all. xxD

Mrs C with Style said...

Your Mom is a beautiful lady and definitely doesn't look 75!!

I love the party decorations, I am sure she felt very special:)

Jen @ Creating with the J's said...

She is beautiful! It is all about the memories. Love the colors!

Carole Beath said...

What a wonderful party for your sweet Mom, Susan. She is beautiful and such a wonderful age. (I will turn 75 in July)....
Loved your decor. You rock, girl.
Carole

marcia said...

Not only did you make your mom feel special on her birthday, Special memories were created that day. You made great decorations!