Monday, January 30, 2012

Baby Carriage BBTB2 Challenge/Blog Hop



Happy Monday morning and welcome to the monthly Bitten by the Bug 2 blog hop.  If you are following the blog hop, you probably arrived here from awesome Jeri's awesome blog where you oooh'ed and aaaah'ed over Jeri's project.  This week is just like a regular week at BBTB2, with our fabulous design team co-leader, Carole, selecting the weekly challenge cut, except this week you get to visit each team members' blog to see how the challenge cut was used.

For those new to the world of Cricut, each week the BBTB2 design team is presented with a single cut that we must use in a single project.  We then ask you, our readers, to consider playing along and creating your own project using the Cricut challenge cut. 

This week Carole chose the baby carriage from the New Arrival cartridge.  And even though I do own New Arrival, I decided to use the sweet silhouette cut from A Child's Year cartridge and create a baby girl show invitation - because let's face it, I have been into the invitations in the last two weeks!



I used two cartridges to create these cut baby shower invitations: A Child's Year and CTMH's Art Philosophy. (I have NO IDEA what I did before Art Philosophy was released!).  I used Art Philosophy to cut the oval and scalloped oval used to mat the silhouette cuts.  I used A Child's Year to cut the two silhouette layers.  I did minimal embellishing of the silhouette, simply adding two buttons on the wheels.


I cut two background layers, one in dark brown card stock and the other in craft card stock.  I then added a sweet tiny pink floral print card stock to the top of the craft card stock.  I topped this layer with clear vellum printed in hot pink ink.

I finished the entire card by adding a pink and white striped bow accented with a jeweled hat pin.  I thought the pen was the perfect feminine finishing touch.

I did mention the BBTB2 blog hop this week, right.  The next stop on the hop is at the blog of very talented and very nice Theresa - Tree Frog!   I hope you enjoy the blog hop and that you drop by later in the week and check out my additional posts for this week!!!




*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *


While I have you here, I would like to remind you that tomorrow is the last day to order Close to My Heart's Stamp of the Month set, Little Reminder.  The 25 piece stamp set is available only through 1.31.12 for the special price of $17.95.  Or with a $50 Close to my Heart order, you will be prompted during check out to purchase the Stamp of the Month set for only $5.00!!  For more information on the Stamp of the Month set or any Close to My Heart products, visit my CTMH on-line store.





20 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Such an adorable invitation, Susan! That reminds me, I need to start playing with my Art Philosophy cart. xxD

Sandi said...

Great invitation, Hugs

Maureen Reiss said...

Really pretty invitation!! Love the pink, green and brown color combo!

connie said...

pretty invitation! love the mommy pushing the buggy.

Julia Moss said...

great idea for an invitation....I'll have to remember this one.

DIANA L. said...

This is such a sweet invite. I love the cartridge and the stamp super just wonderful.


DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Scrapping Girl said...

What a pretty shower invite! I love that image on A Child's Year, but have never had a chance to use it.

CherylP said...

That's a very cute invitation! TFS!!

Sharon said...

Oh this is fantastic!! I so love it!! DD and I will be doing Baby Shower invites in the next few weeks and I so love how this is laid out. Love the added bow and pin. :)

**Treefrog** said...

Such a pretty invite Susan, love the colors (great minds think alike, we kinda used the same colors this week, lol!) I love that baby buggy too, I almost used that one too, see great minds do think alike, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Baby Invitation said...

pink, green and brown leads to perfect combination!
nice design!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What an adorable baby invite. I love the big bow.

Melissa said...

I love this invite! Thanks for sharing! Come join me on my blog too! I'm hoping to join in the challenge later this week! :-)

Melissa
myscraphour.blogspot.com

Heather said...

This is just darling, Susan!! I love that big pink bow!! I think I used that same pin on a card this week.

Carole Beath said...

How cute, Susan.... I have been asked to do some invitations for a baby shower and your creation gives me some great ideas. That bow rocks... Hugs
Carole

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Susan, Awww isn't this the sweetest ever..Love the colors...U r so well traveled and your life with family and friends seems so exciting and fulfilling...Hugs, Krista

Susan said...

As ALWAYS ~ your work is inspiring! Beautifully done!
susanJ in Atlanta

Jeri said...

Oh Susan, your little invitation is just absolutely darling. All put together with that adorable bow and pin as the finishing touch, just perfection!

marg0006 said...

You did a great job. I love the cut you placed on top and the blend of colors you used.
marg0006@verizon.net
Loving Scrapper101

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Susan your invite is adorable and your finishing touches are just perfect! Beautiful work
Hugs
Juliexx

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS