Monday, January 23, 2012

3-D Flowers with Cricut and BBTB2


My goodness that weekend went by quickly, but yes, here it is already Monday.  And you know what that means - It's Bitten by the Bug2 day.  This week's challenge cut, the Cricut cut used by the BBTB2 design team to create the projects for the week, was selected by my fabulous design team sister, Jeri Thomas of Bug N Me Creations.   Jeri chose to use the six petal flower on the Bloom cartridge.   Jeri requested that the team use the flat cut flower to make 3-D flowers to share this week. 

I do not own the Bloom cartridge so I used an eight petal flower from the Serenade cartridge and created my 3-D flowers.  I used the same technique that I used to make flowers for my mom's birthday party.  I cut five flowers the same size, and one smaller flower.


I folded four of the flowers into quarters and secured the folds by placing a small glue dot on the inside of the flowers on the second fold.  I then adhered the four flower quarters to the fifth flower, which remained flat.  I then used a smaller cut of the same flower to create the centers and I finished the flowers with button gems available from Close to my Heart.  If you would like detailed info on assembling these flowers you can go to this previous post of mine for details.


I topped the flowers off with a 3-D butterfly cut from Close to my Heart's Art Philosophy cartridge.  This is my favorite butterfly cut, ever!


I used the Sweet Boxes cartridge to cut my box.  I used pink cardstock for the bottom of the box and white cardstock for the box top.  I wrapped the box in a pink and white striped ribbon before topping the box with the 3-D flowers.



I want to remind those of you who like to collect the Close to My Heart Stamp of the Month sets that you only have one more week to purchase this month's Stamp of the Month, Little Reminder.  I especially love sentiments that come with this stamp set.  You can purchase the stamp set on it's own for $17.95, or with a $50 purchase you can get the stamp set during checkout for $5.00!  You can purchase the Stamp of the Month set, the Art Philosophy cartridge and all CTMH products at my Close to My Heart on-line store!




Thanks for stopping by today and please do remember to go by Bitten by the Bug 2 and check out the design team's awesome work!

10 comments:

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

beautiful flowers! Love that look and your entire box is gorgeous. TFS.

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW Susan! These are absolutley FABULOUS! I am literally swooning over your box. Gorgeous! xxD

DIANA L. said...

This is one of my fav cartridges right now You did an awesome job with the flowers and the butterfly.What a great way to receive a gift.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Julia Moss said...

Lovely packaging...who wouldn't want to get that!!!!!

Hrvatica said...

Gorgeous box. Love the flowers and butterfly.

**Treefrog** said...

Gorgeous Susan, Love that fun package! That's a gift in itself! Love the flowers and that butterfly is pretty gorgeous too!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Scrapping Girl said...

That is gorgeous! Who even needs a gift with such a pretty box! The box could BE the gift!

Jeri said...

Oh my word, Susan, what a beautiful box you've created. I'd sure love to receive a box this gorgeous. Well done.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Oh my gosh! This box is too pretty! Great inspiration, Susan!

Scrappin Dhilly said...

Such a stunning creation! Love the entire project, it is just beautiful!