Monday, December 12, 2011

'Tis the Season Tag with Winter Frolic


Happy Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday! At long last we are back from our Thanksgiving break!  This week my very talented design team sister Lori Warner chose the weekly challenge cut. Lori chose "any Christmas tag from Winter Frolic cartridge".  I decided to use this pretty shaped tag and the 'Tis the Season (tree4) cuts from Winter Frolic.

I cut my base tag in two layers, a bright pink metallic cardstock, and the top, smaller layer in a white on white print from SEI.  I used heavy white sparkled cardstock and cut the snow for the bottom of the tag - under the dancing trees!

I used the Close to my Heart Art Philosophy cartridge and cut the circle and scalloped circle to/from tag.  I used three Close to My Heart stamps, all from the December 25th (C1469) set, to stamp the circle. 

I love the festive look of the dancing trees.  My daughter told me that she loves the fun, non-traditional colors used on this tag.  I finished the card by adding a green tulle bow to the top.

I found several colors of 6 inch tulle at Joann's and have enjoyed using the red and green through the holidays.  I also have black and white.  The black was great during Halloween.

I hope that you have a great Monday. I will be back tomorrow to share a quick vinyl project. 

9 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous tag, Susan! Love your colors and all the sparkle. Super design. xxD

Julia Moss said...

Love your tag, Susan. I really like the foil paper....so Christmassy!

Jeri said...

Love the texture and shine to the papers, Susan. Well done!

Happyscrapin said...

Love your tag! I love the foil paper, it really stands out on your tag. Great job!!

plese.cathy at yahoo dot com
happyscrapin@blogspot.com

Lori1brat said...

Susan - I just LOVE the bright, metallic colors you used on your tag !!!! Don't you just LOVE the Art Philosophy cartridge ???? One of my very fave's I think ! Great job on your project - SUPER fun !!!! :-)

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Susan this is Gorgeous, Love, Love, Love those colors! Oh everyone is making it VERY hard for me to not get the Art Philosophy cart, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Carole Beath said...

Susan, this is just beautiful. Makes me want to make some tags. I hope to be back creating soon.
Hugs
Carole

Ro said...

Beautiful tag. That pink metallic paper is gorgeous!!!

shelly said...

great tag susan love the metallic paper you used and also think your dancing trees are divine :)

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS