Monday, December 5, 2011

Studio J Digital Scrapbooking


I expected to have a "happy Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday" post for you today.  However, the design team decided that we needed a second week off to focus on the holidays and try to catch up in our lives.  I had already designed my project for today so as my friends and DT sister Donna said, I am ahead for next week. 

So instead of a Christmas-themed BBTB2 post, I am going to share one of my first attempts at digital scrapping.  But first, I have a confession.... I have been a scrapbooking snob!  Truly, I have been.  I thought of Digital scrapping as inferior and not "real" scrapbooking.  I am willing to admit that I have amended my opinion.  In my winter of on-going illness (I now have a nasty head cold) I have had lots of time to sit with my computer  and I decided to check out digital scrapping.  What I have learned is that digital scrapping has its merits and its place in the scrapping world! 

Since I am a Close to My Heart consultant, I decided that I should learn to use the CTMH digital scrapping program, STUDIO J.  I purchased a three month membership to Studio J and found the on-line program to be SUPER EASY to use.  

In brief, once you enter the program you will select the "paper" pack you want to use, then you will select a layout made with that paper.  The membership opened up a lot of extra choices for layouts and other details.  Once you begin "scrapping" you may change any paper element, add or remove elements from your pages, change a photo box to a text box or vise-versa.  You can color your elements and embellishments, add stitching, borders, tags, etc.  The layout above was made on only my second time playing with the program!! I was especially excited about how nice the digital paper looked with my photographs!


On the left page, above, I made several changes to the base layout I selected.  I add "matting" to each of the layouts, I changed two of the paper patterns to there papers within the package, I added the scroll border at the bottom as well as the white stitching and I added the flower to the left edge.  I changed the buttons and added a ribbon to the buttons.  I also changed the font and font color.


On the right page, above, I made a few of the same changes - paper selections, scroll border, stitching, and photo "mats".  I also added the "sticker" to the lower right corner, the text box with the date, the scroll design and flower embellishment to the top of the page.


Once I finished my pages, I clicked the links and purchased my pages.  I purchased the JPEGs so that I could share them on my blog, but I also purchased the printed papers.  For $13 I was able to purchase the printed 12 x 12 pages, the JPEGs, and cover shipping.  If you order more than two pages at a time, the shipping could be shared (the base price for the printing and JPEGs is only $6.50) and that would bring down the total cost of each double page layout.  I think my Mother-in-law is going to love a digital book for Christmas!

*     *     *     *     * 


If you have no interest in STUDIO J and would like to continue with your paper crafting, consider purchasing CTMH's Art Philosophy cartridge set.  The set comes with the Art Philosophy cartridge, three LARGE sheets of coordinating chipboard sets, and three coordinating stamp sets.  A $125 value for $99!


And as a bonus, when you purchase the Art Philosophy cartridge set or any $50 in CTMH products, you will qualify to purchase the December Stamp of the Month set, MAD ABOUT YOU, for only $5!!  And after the holidays you will have a new stamp set that will enable you to get a jump on Valentine's projects!!! 


IMPORTANT NOTES:

1. Do not add the Stamp of the Month to your cart - wait until you are prompted during check out in order to receive  the special $5.00 price.

2. The ordering cut off to receive orders in time for Christmas is December 16th.  Give those Santa's a nudge if you are hoping to find CTMH products under the tree!!!

No comments: