Thursday, December 1, 2011

Season's Greetings Christmas Card


I am pleased to report that I am finally feeling better.  My tummy is still a bit uncomfortable but overall I am soooo much better!!!  In fact, I finished straightening my scrap room and made a card today!  The card took longer than it should have as I had to update my cricut's firmware, but whatever.... it gave me more time to plan.


Do I even need to tell you that I used my favorite cartridge - Close to my Heart's Art Philosophy?  I used a standard 5.5 x 4.25 inch card.  I cut three snowflakes cut at 1.7 inches in white cardstock.  Using Close to my Heart Believe cardstock, I cut the plaid strip at 5.5 x 2 inches, and the background striped piece at 5.5 x 3 inches.  I sewed the plaid strip to the striped background and affixed the layers to the card front.



I used sets of Close to my Heart stamps on this card - SNOWFLAKES and HOLIDAY COMMENTARY.  I really like both of these stamp sets!!  I used the Season's Greetings phrase and stamped it in red ink onto the bottom of the white base card. 



Using the same CTMH red ink, I stamped the snowflakes onto the shadow snowflake cuts. After adding twine to the middle of red buttons, I used glue dots to affix the buttons to the middle of the three snowflakes.



Today is the first day of the December Stamp of the Month set, titled Mad About You.  The set normally retails for $17.95, but this month only, with a $50 purchase you can get the Mad About You stamp set  only $5.00. 


If you are still making your Christmas list, don't forget about the Close to my Heart Art Philosophy cartridge and the stamp of the month set!!!  You Santa is welcome to shop at my on-line CTMH store.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love the card.
Linda in Stanwood

DonnaMundinger said...

Looks like you're definitely feeling better, hon. Beautiful card. Love the papers and the stamps. xxD