Friday, December 2, 2011

Package Trimming with Cricut AND a Cricut Stocking


I am participating in a Christmas swap and I spent part of yesterday wrapping my swap items and embellishing my packages with Jingle Bells, stamped Cricut cuts, ribbons and twine.  I wanted to dress up my stocking stuffers so that they were more fun for my secret sister, as well as featured Cricut cut. 


I started with the Lindor Truffles at the top of this post.  I cut two holly leaves from the Art Philosophy cartridge and stamped with with the CTMH stamp set A HOLIDAY, which features the holly set.  I then added a knotted ribbon and two jungle bells.  Yes, I truly did hand sew the bells onto my packages.


Next I cut some of the same snowflakes that I used on yesterday's Christmas card (cut with the Art Philosophy Cartridge) and stamped them with the same snowflake stamp.  I sewed a bell in the middle of one of the snowflakes but not the other.  Using glue dots, I affixed the snowflakes in the middle of red and white ribbons.  Such a nice finishing touch to a simple wrapped package.


My next package was trimmed with a Christmas tag cut using A Child's Year cartridge.  I designed these three layer tags last year, and we loved them so much that I decided to make more of them for this year.


Finally, I wanted to share a couple of photos of the stocking I stuffed for the swap.  The swap originated on the Cricut Circle message board.  I thought since the circle brought me into this swap, my stocking should be decked out in Cricut circles! 

I used iron on flocked fabric and cut the Cricut Circle logs.  I then ironed them onto the stocking.  I welded a border of Cricuts for the top of the stocking.


The last thing I am sharing is a photo of the top of the stuffed stocking.  I have packages that will not fit inside the stocking, but over all I think the stocking is cut with the decorated stuffers peeking out of the top.



For more information on the Close to my Heart Art Philosophy cartridge set, visit my
 CTMH on-line store by clicking this link. 

Rock the Block!

Join the craze! When you  place a minimum order of $25 from the Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book  (until January 31, 2012), you can get two new products for just $15: the My Creations® Collage Cubes (a Spring/Summer 2012 sneak-peek product!) and the exclusive My Acrylix® Rock the Block E-size stamp set (available only during this promotion). That’s a retail savings of almost $30!

You’re going to love the way the collage cubes and the Rock the Block stamp set work together for interactive, 3-D fun. Watch this video to get more details from Kristine Widtfeldt, Vice President of Sales and Marketing.


4 comments:

Theresa said...

OMGosh...I love the stocking!!

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

Your gift packaging is so great and LOVE that stocking! So cool!

Susan from SC said...

Way to go, putting the rest of us swappers to shame! :) SO cute!

OCCricut said...

Susan ... what a wonderful package!!! I'd be THRILLED to receive this!!!