Friday, December 9, 2011

Happy Holidays Card


I know you are never going to believe this, but I am finally, FINALLY feeling better!  I am down to just a bit of sniffing & snorting - you know, the joyful sounds of winter!! 

I am feeling so much better that I have not only finished my holiday decorating, I also had a Close to My Heart gathering at my friend Beth's house on Wednesday night.  Thank you, Beth!!    This is the card that the ladies made during the gathering. 


I took pre-cut kits along with ink & stamps, ribbons, pop dots, and gems for each of the attendees to use to create their cards.  Each of the card kits was cut using only the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.  The ladies especially liked the shape of the base cards, which I cut with red cardstock. 

Each of the ladies stamped their holly leaves using the A Holiday stamp set (A1115) and they stamped their tag using the Holiday Cheer stamp set (B1381). 

The printed cardstock on the cover of the card is also a CTMH product - it is from the "Believe" line.   The sentiment on the inside of the card was stamped on smooth white cardstock with holiday red ink.  The stamp is from the Christmas Love (D1492) set.



I took an assortment of ribbons to trim the cards as well gems, brads or buttons to use on the holly leaves.  I chose red gems, though in this photo they look more pink/purple than red.  The card was a hit because not only was it easy to assemble, it is also mostly flat so it should mail nicely.  Not to mention that it is a cute card!!


*     *     *      *     *     *

Rock the Block!
Join the craze BEGINNING DECEMBER 19th! When you place a minimum order of $25 from the Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book or from my CLOSE TO MY HEART ON-LINE STORE , you can get two new products for just $15: the My Creations® Collage Cubes (a Spring/Summer 2012 sneak-peek product!) and the exclusive My Acrylix® Rock the Block E-size stamp set (available only during this promotion). That’s a retail savings of almost $30!

You’re going to love the way the collage cubes and the Rock the Block stamp set work together for interactive, 3-D fun.
 
I just received my rock the block kit so I will craft my own Rock the Block project to share with you next week.
 
In the meantime remember the cut off  to receive orders by Christmas is December 16th.  You can place an order through my on-line store until next Friday and still receive your products in time for Santa.  Have your significant other email me if he/she needs guidance!!

6 comments:

Linda said...

OMG can't believe I'm the first one to comment. That card is beautiful love the edge. I don't have CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge but will try it with other carts and my gypsy.
Thank you and glad you are feeling better.
Thank you
Linda in Stanwood

MC said...

Love the card! I LOVE my Art Philosophy cartridge too and have been using it quite a bit for Christmas tags, labels, cards, etc. I especially love how it coordinates with the CTMH stamps!

Rebecca said...

A very cute card .. makes me think of a Christmas present.

niteowlclc said...

Did you use Art Philosophy for the card base too? Love this card. May I scrap lift it?

Susan said...

I did use Art Philosophy and of course you may scrap lift!!! Enjoy!

Susan

Shawnee said...

This is such a beautiful card. Merry Christmas!