Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Christmas Tag Swap at the Greenville Circle Crop


I have had an eventful few days, but I think I have finally recovered from my fun and stress!!  As most of you know last Thursday I traveled to Greenville, SC to attend a Cricut Circle Crop.  The theme of the event was Southern Christmas/Holidays.  In addition to a Christmas/Holiday Card contest, there was also a gift tag swap for everyone who attended.


The tag pictured here was my tag for the swap.  Using CTMH's Art Philosophy to cut ALL of the pieces, I made 54 of the tags so that each of those attending could have one, even if they did not plan to participate in the swap.  In addition to using on of the set of stamps that comes as part of the Art Philosophy set, I also used the set pictured below, December 25th.  I used the "Do not open until Dec. 25th" stamp.


The recipe for the tag:

Base red tag - cut at 5.5 inches
Pink scalloped double edge - cut at 3.5 inches
White scalloped oval - cut at 2 inches
Red scalloped frame - cut at 2 inches
White stamped flowers - cut at 1.75 inches
Red bottom flower - cut at 2 inches

Use the flower stamp in your CTMH Art Philosophy set to stamp the flower in red ink.  Use white ink and stamp the words and phrase at the top and bottom of the red tag.  Use the December 25th stamp and red ink to stamp the Do Not Open phrase.

Adhere the layers together.  Tie white ribbon around the pink cut and adhere to the red tag.  Layer the flowers together and attach them to the tag with a pop dot, adding a button to the center of the flower.  Affix the Do Not Open tag with glue or mono adhesive.  Add gems using the I-Rock tool.  Finish the tag by with tulle or ribbon tied to through the top of the tag.


I have been making package tags for my family using Art Philosophy and the Close to my Heart stamps for several weeks now.  I am excited that we should not have to purchase any gift tags this year.  Best of all, tags can be made from our scrap stashes! 

*     *     *     *     *

If you have not already ordered your CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge set, now is the time!!!  Just click on the cartridge name and it will take you to my CTMH online store.

If you have ordered your CTMH AP cartridge set, this is a great time to purchase some additional stamp set to go with the cartridge.  For every $25 in Acrylix Stamps you purchase this month, you can get this great Consultant Special stamp set, Holiday Wishes, for only $5.00.  That means you can get stamp sets for yourself and purchase the bonus sets for your scrapping friends!


NOTE:  Do not add the bonus stamp sets to your cart until you are prompted to add them at the special price during check out!!!

8 comments:

Say Anything Crafts said...

Susan,
I LOVE this tag!! While I loved every single tag I received and know that mine didnt compare to most I have to say there were like 5 that I just was over the top in love with and this one was one. They were flawless and beautiful.

Doodledo

Pat N. said...

Pretty tag. Thanks for the inspiration on how I can use my Art Philosophy cart!--Pat N.

Susan said...

Thank you ladies. Pat N - I love my AP cartridge and will be posting a lot more projects using the cartridge.

Doodledo - You are sooo sweet!! I loved meeting you and I can't wait until we do it again next year!!

xxSusan

Princess Hilda said...

i love this tag is so cute omg

DonnaMundinger said...

Holy CRAP! 54 of these! Lucky ladies at that Crop! This is gorgeous. I haven't had a chance to use my AP stuff yet, but I sure was impressed at how quickly it came! Thanks hon for the fab ideas! xxD

L.B. said...

Wow the red on this is so great..really pops in the monochomatic set..love this and that stamps.

http://www.coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

Margo said...

Pretty tag! I just got my AP cartridge and I'll be busy using this weekend. Thanks for a great idea

OCCricut said...

LOVED this tag!!!! It is even more delightful in person!!!! You are so very talented!!! Thanks again for a wonderful weekend in SC!!!