Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by today. Provo Craft marketing has once again provided me with the opportunity to share another of their fabulous projects with you and I simply could not resist these fabulous Vellum Lanterns.
My friend Kathy (MFK) has a family wedding in her future - her son Kyle is getting married in March and these lanterns are PERFECT for the ceremony. I knew I just had to share the lanterns with Kathy and all of you!!! I think this is such a fun idea that lends itself to so many different events!
What you will need:
Cricut used nice, rectangular images from several Cricut® cartridges, including
Ornamental Iron 2, Paper Lace, Carousel, Storybook, and Art Philosophy. Choose a cartridge that fits your theme.
• Armature wire
• Hot-glue gun
How to make the Lanterns:
1. Choose a favorite pattern from one of the cartridges above. Cut the pattern at 6.5" or adjust the size as desired. You will need four of the same image. Carefully peel the images off the mat.
2. Glue the images to a piece of thin vellum so that the images are side by side. You can lightly score the vellum along the seams to make crisp, clean edges.
3. Fold the lantern together. Secure the edges with tape.
4. Create a hanging hook from armature wire. Use a hot-glue gun to secure the hanging hook inside the lantern.
5. Create other lanterns using images from a variety of cartridges.
If you would like to see a short instructional video on assembling the lanterns, click HERE. Once the page opens, look in the first section titled: Featured projects from our latest TV Commercial - then click on the paper lantern video.
Thanks for stopping by today - I have a Spooktacular layout to share with you tomorrow so be sure to drop by.
* * * * *
If you have not already purchased your Art Philosophy cartridge, please remember that I am now a Close to My Heart consultant and would love to assist you with the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge and stamp sets. Have you purchased your Close to my Heart Art Philosophy cartridge set yet? I would love to help you start enjoying this great cartridge. The price is $99.00 and may be ordered at my CTMH Store.
The Art Philosophy set includes:
CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge (retail $55.99)
Three coordinating stamp sets (retail $17.95 each)
Three chipboard sets (retail $4.95 each)
This is $124.69 value all for $99!!
Also please remember that the deadline for ordering your Stamp of the Month, Holiday Magic set is fast approaching. The stamp set retails for $17.95 but you can order it for $5.00 with any $50 order, but only it is only available until October 31st!!!