Monday, October 17, 2011

Hello Kitty Trick or Treat Card


Do you know how much I love Hello Kitty?  My Bitten by the Bug 2 design team sister, the lovely Theresa, actually had no idea that Kitty is one of my favorite characters - and character cartridges - when she selected this Halloween outfitted Kitty as our challenge cut of the week.  But how can you not love a trick or treat Hello Kitty?   

I used Cricut Design Studio and two cartridges to create this card:  Hello Kitty Greetings and Happy Hauntings.  All of the character cuts were from HKG, with only the spiderweb card coming from the Happy Hauntings cartridge.   The spiderweb card was created by welding to spiderwebs together.  I used CDS's Hide Select Contour feature (right click the cut, see the bottom item on the list) to hide the inside cuts on one of the spiderwebs.  The "blacked out" spiderweb became the back of the card.


I cut Kitty at just under four inches tall.  Her costume was cut in cardstock printed on the Imagine machine using Teresa Collin's Black & White cartridge!   Kitty was finished with black micro tipped doodles and a "trick or treat" stamp on her tummy.


Also on the front of the card are two other Halloween cuts from the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge.  I cut the pumpkin at 1.5 inches.  I used Smoochies to highlight the pumpkin cardstock and green Smoochies on the stem area.


The bat was cut at nearly two inches tall.  I used a grey textured striped cardstock for the bat body.  I used copper Smoochies over the grey area to color the bat brown.


I welded the base cuts of each of the three images together and completed the cut in a single piece.  I built the characters on this single cut, then carefully traced the spider lines with glue and glued the Kitty image scene to the spiderweb.    I cut the base cut a second time and glued it to the back side of the spiderweb.

The final additions to the card were orange Smoochies on Kitty's sucker and hairbow.  I also cut the blacked out spiderweb again, one-half inch smaller, in orange cardstock.  I attached the smaller orange cardstock to the inside of the card and stamped a Happy Halloween message in the center.



Thanks for stopping by Busy with the Cricky today.  If you have not already done so, please visit BBTB2 and check out all of the great Kitty designs the design team created this week.  Also, consider playing along with us and entering your own Halloween Hello Kitty project in the weekly challenge.

I will be back tomorrow with an exciting announcement.  I hope you will drop back by.

15 comments:

Amy said...

Really cute! I love her fun little costume!:)Amy
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Adorable! I love Hello Kitty!

Susan from SC said...

That is the MOST adorable Hello Kitty creation I've EVER seen! Gah, if I had but a fraction of your creativity I'd be so happy! :) Great work, my friend!

DonnaMundinger said...

Just PrECIOUS, Susan! Particularly love the pattern on her cat suit. Really really ADORABLE! xxD

Penniannie said...

OMG Susan, I love your hello Kitty, all the intricate work and the colors the demension, everything is AWESOME....

Hugs
PENNY

Cricut Couple said...

Perfection! I love how you used that damask on the kitty! It takes something that would have been cute to the point of sickening sweet and made it so fun and elegant! Just love it!!!

Maria said...

I agree...I somehow think you and I were on the same wavelength, LOL!. I love your Kitty's costume too :) But I have to say I love the spider web base the best :)

Heather said...

WOW! I LOVE the patterned paper you used to cut out her costume. I also love the great details like the spider and the web in the background. You guys just blow me away!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so super cute! Love the spider web and her great paper outfit!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Julia Moss said...

You rocked the challenge this week....definitely my favorite...love all the detail...great job.

Jeri said...

You rocked this one, Susan. I love the spider web for a background. Pure genious.

shelly said...

this is awesome susan love the patterned paper on kitty and the spider web b/g is way cool. and your details are just perfect :) have a great day :)

Jayne said...

Fabulous card.I love the web background and Kitty's suit.
Jayne x
jayne-designs.blogspot.com

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Susan I have to say yours is my favorite this week, yes even over Mine, LOL! And yes I did know that Hello Kitty is your fav. We did another challenge once before and we came to the conclusion we were closet Hello Kitty obsessed Fans, lol! Love that spider welded to HK what a perfect addition! And I have to say I love her "costume" of the blk & wht Imagine paper, it's so perfect!
((Hugs)) Theresa
(and I'm so sorry I'm so late with my comments, such a busy work week!)

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

WOW!!! I came over to say thanks so much for your DT work on BBTB2 and that I loved entering this challenge and I have been scrolling through the most amazing stuff. You are so talented. How could I NOT follow?