Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Damask Decor Pumpkin Card


This is a card that I have been planning to make for quite some time.  I first spied this awesome pumpkin cut on the Damask Decor cartridge last spring and I just knew I had to use this cut to create a fall themed card.  And what a wait it has been!  There is a basic two layer Damask pumpkin cut and a four layer pumpkin without the Damask flourish on this cartridge.  I decided to merge the two pumpkin cuts for my card.

I used the basic Damask cut for the background - cream cardstock on rusty orange cardstock.  I then cut three of the four individual pumpkin layers and applied them over top of the cream pumpkin cut.


The three layered pumpkin was cut in a solid pumpkin color (bottom layer), a green print layer (middle layer - the stem and leaves show at the top), and a white and orange print (top layer).  I thought the pumpkin still needed something so I used pumpkin color smoochies on the orange cardstock on the bottom layer.  I painted smoochies around the edges and inside the cuts on the front. 

I finished the card with a brown ribbon behind the pumpkin and a second brown ribbon tied to the stem, and a smoochie painted tag.  I cut the tag with George and Basic Shapes.  I then painted it with two colors of smoochies.... pumpkin and bronze.  I used two Close to my Heart stamps, the word cherish and the star, on the tag.  I added white doodles to the tag and the damask layer. 


Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow to share a CLOSE TO MY HEART stamp and Art Philosophy project.  And the blog is going to change focus for the rest of the week and sneak in a few Christmas projects - since it will be here before we know it!!


8 comments:

bluucaca said...

What i beautiful card . I love the pumpkin. Thanks for sharing

Glenda said...

Very pretty.

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOOhhh!!! Pretty! xxD

just2ducky said...

This is lovely!

crayola58 said...

ooooooo, how lovely this is.
Carole

Scrapper69 said...

This is such a lovely card! The pumpkin is so pretty with that paper! I also wanted to say CONGRATS on being in the Chirp! Great Project in there as well! :o)

Theresa

Jill said...

I L-O-V-E this card! You used the most perfect patterned paper for the pumpkin and the yellow just finishes it right off! Nice job! Just love it! Jill♥

scrapdiva said...

love it!!