Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sympathy Card for a Friend


This card was originally from a class I took at the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Charlotte, NC last month.  It was part of a Heartfelt Creations class.  We completed one 12 x 12 layout in class using Spellbinders and stamps, as well as learning to make templates to use with nestie stamps.   All of that being said, I finally dug out the class kit and decided to make the card. 

I had to shape the flowers and assemble the card.  I also had to add a sentiment to the nesties label on the front. 

I forgot to take a photo but I added a white rectangle and stamped a very pretty sympathy sentiment on the inside of the card.  I know that this card probably was not designed to be a sympathy card, but I have a friend who recently lost her husband to cancer and I thought she would appreciate a pretty card.  She is the sweetest woman and hate that she is going through this.


Now that I have depressed you, remember that as part of the BBTB2 monthly blog hop I have BLOG CANDY up for grabs below.  Just be a blog follower and leave a comment under MONDAY'S BLOG HOP post.  I will be drawing a random winner on Friday. 

8 comments:

Beckie said...

Awesome...powerful card. Love it.

Be Blessed, Beckie

just2ducky said...

This is stunning! Love the burgandy and black!!!

Linda said...

Beautiful card. Sorry to hear about your friend's husband.
Thank you
Linda in Stanwood

Katherine said...

Beautiful card Susan. I'm sure your friend will greatly appreciate it.

Susan from SC said...

GORGEOUS!! I definitely have to take a Heartfelt Creations class next year!

Scrapper69 said...

Your card is GORGEOUS! Your friend will truly appreciate it... :o)

Theresa

Maria said...

Sympathy cards are hard....this one is BEAUTIFUL, especially that flower. Yes, your friend will appreciate it.

Shawn Mosch said...

This card is beautiful!

Shawn ~ Getting Cricky Design Team Member
Crafty Chics Blog
and
MyCutSearch.com ~ Find your Cricut images FAST!
Webmasters Earn Money Here!