Monday, September 12, 2011

3-D Sweet Treat Halloween Fun House


It's another Monday and that means another Bitten by the Bug 2 weekly challenge.  This week's challenge cut was selected by our sweet design team member, Jeri.  Jeri chose for us to use any 3D box for a project of our choice.  I love this fun little house on the Sweet Tooth Boxes cartridge and thought it might look great
dressed up for Halloween.
 

I began by making this elegant black and white cardstock for the house sides. Using my Cricut Imagine and the Teresa Collins Black and White cartridge I printed two sheets of the black and white print above. I then cut the house sides. Next I cut the roof, window, and door trim in solid black cardstock.


I used an interlocking circle embossing folder to emboss the roof piece. The roof tag was cut using the Happy Hauntings cartridge with gray and white cardstock. Black Stickles were used to fill in the word Spooky. As a final touch I added ecru lace to the edge of the roof.



Using Happy Hauntings, I cut a Mr. Bones and affixed him to the corner of the roof. Mr. Bones is sporting black pearl eyes and a few white gel pen doodles.



Using the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge, I cut a few white spider webs. I snipped one of the webs into quarters and used it on the house windows and roof line. I also added spider webs to the front door and end windows.


Finally I dressed up the tag and windows with black pearls and diamond bling.

Please do go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out the design team projects - so many cute 3D boxes!  Also, please think about playing along with us and possibly becoming our weekly blog blinkie winner.  Just create your own 3D box project and post it in the linky spot at the BBTB2 blog!  We love it when our readers play along!!

15 comments:

Karen Pinsonat said...

Love this house! Great touches with the bling and pearls. Love the black and white color scheme too!

Maria said...

A "WOW" project for sure :) Favorite part--Mr. Bones!!! Perfect touch :)

Scrapbooking for Joy said...

Lovin the black and white theme!!! Its my DH's favorite! Never thought of doing a house, great job thinking out of the "box" ;)

Katherine said...

Fabulous! You did a great job as always.

DonnaMundinger said...

LOVE this Susan! The black and white is perfect and Mr. Bones is too cute (I can't believe I've never cut him before). Now I wanna make one. This is just FABULOUS! xxD

Melissa said...

All I can say is Wow! The detail is fantastic! I am really into black and white lately so this really caught my eye!

Jeri said...

This looks too gorgeous to be scary, but I absolutely love it. I'm so jealous too because I want that Sweet Tooth cartridge so bad and haven't been able to find it anywhere. Even traveling to four different states and 30 different craft stores. BooHoo!!! Fantastic job!!!

Heather said...

WOW! Look at all those details!! This is incredible, Susan! Love the spiderwebs in the windows and the bling and the skeleton...it's all so perfect!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun and spooky! Great papers and details on this!

Margie said...

Pretty chic for a fun house! Wouldn't mind getting spooked in there. Dig them bones! hee hee

Jackie said...

Totally awesome spooky box for Halloween - love it.

DIANA L. said...

This came out so cute, I love the windows and the curtains it. It is just nicely done.

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Susan this is just too darn Cute, ooops I mean Scary, lol! I absolutely love all your houses you make! Everytime I see them It makes me want that cart more and more, Thanks for the enabling, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Penniannie said...

WOW you were busy with the cricky, this is awesome, greaaat take on the challenge..

HUGS
Penny

Karen Aicken said...

This is amazing. I just keep going back to enjoy all the little details you added. TFS!!!!!!
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com