Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Scrapping at the Lake



 Happy Wednesday from Lake Murray!! We arrived safely yesterday and have been talking, laughing, eating and yes, even scrapping! What more could I possibly want?


I am sharing some photos from dinner on the porch – what an idyllic spot for dinner.  Tuesday dinner was my responsibility – I went for an old favorite teamed with a new soup.  I made my curried chicken salad, severed over organic spring mix.  I also made fresh corn chowder and was surprised to see that we had only one bowl full left over.  It was a huge hit. All of the girlfriends have asked for the recipe so I am sharing it here and they can print when we arrive home.


Corn Chowder:
Remove Corn Kernels from 5-6 Ears of Corn


In 4 tsp. Butter sauté for 10 minutes
1 Large Onion - chopped


Add and stir for a minute:
1 tsp. Sage
2 tsp. Marjoram


Add and cook over low heat 2-3 minutes stirring frequently:
1/2 Cup Flour


Add slowly while whisking and cook until thickened:
5 Cups Vegetable Stock


Add and simmer 20 minutes:
1 Russet or Several Smaller Potatoes
1 Green pepper - finely chopped
1 Red Pepper - finely chopped
The Corn Kernels


Add and stir for a few minutes:
1 Cup Cream or a Can of Coconut Milk
1/3 lb. Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese




I did manage to get some scrapping done – but I forgot reset my camera to micro mode so this photo is grainy and glare-ish.  Sorry.  I used Tammy Potter’s Photo Mosaic technique to create four 12 x 12 layouts of our trip to the spring Steeplechase.  I used the new Creative Memories Traveler cartridge to cut the font.  I love the classic style of this font – very clean looking.


Our Wednesday plans include a trip to Michaels and A.C. Moore (with coupons) and lunch at McAlister’s Deli (because I drove and that’s were I want to eat!). 

6 comments:

Kraftychick said...

Looks like you gals had a terrific time!! You sound like our group, the Scrappin' Sisters, as we eat, talk and laugh - and sometimes scrap a little at our retreats. Could you share the name of the place you were attending? We go to a house near Charlotte which is fairly close to all of us (we go about 2x a year) but would sure love some other options!
Thanks for sharing,
Jackie

jkraftchick at triad dot rr dot com

thebridgeamit said...

Looks like so much fun! How lucky to be one of your friends!

L.B. said...

so much fun for you all

Alexis said...

next time you need to pacl me in your luggage. I am so looking forward to the weekend so reading your post has made me very jealous but it looks like you are having a great time. Enjoy!!

SuzanneS said...

Hey I was one of the lucky ones to be there for this wonderful Corn Chowder and believe me it was wonderful....such a relaxing 3 days and so sad that I had to come back early. Would have loved to have had that 4th day to scrap and enjoy the best friends ever.

DonnaMundinger said...

Your layout is fabuous and this recipe sounds too yummy for words. What an idyllic place. lucky you! xxD