Monday, July 11, 2011

Mittens in July???


Happy Monday!  It is a Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday for the design team - except for me!  I did not get to my project this weekend.  My sweet, sweet Design Team sister Penny chose the mittens cut on the Joys of the Season cartridge, hoping to stir up a bit of Christmas in July fun!

I have had a second yucky stomach thing in as many weeks and I took the weekend to finally get well.  I had designed a fun, layered card, but I never spent any time in my scrap room so the file went uncut.  I am sure I will eventually make the card - probably sometime this fall.  However, in the meantime I do have a mitten project to share.


Every Christmas I give out my fabulous yeast rolls to my neighbors and some special friends, and of course they have to be accompanied by a card.  I made this card earlier this year, preparing for next December's card needs.

I used my nesties to cut the two different sized mittens.  I then used Gina K's great mitten stamps to embellish my mittens.


I made the nexties label using the ovals and scalloped ovals.  And again I used the Gina K stamps to add the sentiment.  The phrase reads:  "Fresh Baked Homemade Goodness".  Trust me, the yeast rolls are indeed homemade goodness!!


Please do go by Bitten by the Bug 2 and look a the fabulous mitten projects the design team is sharing.  I confess that I peeked at them early and they are AMAZING!!!  

10 comments:

Judy said...

Mittens in July are really pretty here... I love the design of this card. Sorry to hear about your illness, feel better.
Judy

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is so pretty, Susan! (and the thought of homemade rolls is making me hungry!) So sorry your tummy is acting up AGAIN! Feel better soon, chickie! We miss you! xxD

L.B. said...

Very nice. Love the red theme.

Crayola58 said...

What a darling set of mittens and all that goes with them.... so sorry you are having upsets....get well soon., Hugs
Carole

Scrapper69 said...

So sorry to read that your tummy is upset again! I hope things look up for you! And I LOVE the card... The colors are wonderful and I really like those stamps! :o)
Theresa

Kate said...

Adorable Card.

Hugs
Kate

scrapdiva said...

very nice card, love the colors

Beth said...

Darling stamps & mittens are just so cute!

Smileyblueyes said...

nice card, and I love the Imagine printing.

kay mcbride said...

love the mitten card, good idea for the yeast rolls. sure would love some of them!! hope u are feeling better. tfs