Monday, July 4, 2011

Greetings from the Seashore


Happy July 4th - American Independence Day!  And, a bit late, happy Canada day to our neighbors to the north!  I am back with another Bitten by the Bug 2 weekly challenge.  Our design team leader, Heather, chose the cut of the week, the STARFISH from the Life's a Beach cartridge. 

Before I discuss today's BBTB2 layout I want to share my "vacation" week with you.  As I previously shared, Doug, Ian and I were planning a few days in Chattanooga to visit with Doug's family.  His sister  and brother-in-law were in from NM and we were excited to see them.  Well, the day before we planned to leave I woke up early in the morning ill.  I had a yucky tummy, headache, fever, body aches, etc.  At first I thought that I had one of those 24 hour viral deals that we have all had.  But no.... My virus turned out to be a three day ordeal...  In the meantime I had sent Doug and Ian on their way, promising to go the doctor is I did not feel better by the third day.  Thankfully the afternoon of the third day I realized that I was on the road to wellness!

I missed seeing everyone, and as heavenly as being home alone can be, this was not one of those times.  I was bored and was missing my family!  So I had a bit of pity party and then I got over it!!  Oh, and I did read three books last week so that was good!


As I stated above, today's BBTB2  challenge cut is the starfish from Life's a Beach.  I decided to create a girlie beach layout because I have TONS of photos from Bethany's years at the College of Charleston - I think she spent a lot of time on the beach!!!  I normally use blues and sand colors for the beach, but this time I went with topical pinks, salmon, etc.



I used five cartridges to create this layout - Life's a Beach for the sea life, Kate's ABC's for the title cut - Seashore, Billionaire for the cursive phrase, George for the rectangles and French Manor for the stamp shaped cuts.

I used Cricut Design Studio to design my layered title and multi-layered bottom edge border. 

Please stop by Bitten by the Bug 2 and check out all of the great Starfish projects.  Also, please consider playing along with us this week - you could be our weekly winner!!!


I have a three day project to share with you Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - a Patriotic picnic enhanced with Cricut!!!

5 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh HON! so sorry you've been sick! Bummer missing your visit. Obviously , it didn't affect your crafting becaus this is one GORGEOUS layout! WOW, wow, WOW! I love it! Hope you enjoy your 4th. xxD

TenSGal said...

This is fabulously wonderful...and I love your non traditional beach colors that you used. Lots of work in this one!!!
Sorry you weren't feeling well but hope you are truly on the road to recovery now!
I love your blog...lots of good inspiration here.
And I'm now following via Network Blogs...just learned about that!
Oh...and my name is Susan, too! :)
Happy 4th!

Scrapbooking for Joy said...

What a great layout Susan! Its really cute, and the colors really pop!!!!

Heather said...

Love the colors in this! The red/green and pink looks so cool together. This is beautiful!!

Penniannie said...

Susan

This is a great layout, the colors are perfect, just what a strfish would order.. Love it..

HUGS
Penny