Monday, May 9, 2011

Sweet Strawberry - Celebrate with Flourish & Lacey Labels


Happy Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday!  This week's challenge cut was selected by our sweet Design Team sister, Jeri.   Jeri chose the strawberry cut from the Simply Charmed cartridge.  I do not have Simply Charmed so I chose a different strawberry; I selected the strawberry from Celebrate with Flourish.  If you decide to play along and participate in the weekly challenge, you too can use any strawberry cut.  Just be sure to link your strawberry project to the BBTB2 blog!

And before we get into today's card, I have one more thing to share.  I liked Jeri's idea of a strawberry cut so much that I have decided to go with a berry theme for the week.  This card is the first of six berry themed projects that I plan to share this week.


I used all four layers of the Celebrate with Flourish strawberry and actually created a fifth layer for the leaves and stem.  I cut the icon image - the main strawberry - a second time in green cardstock.   I used micro-tipped scissors and trimmed the top of the strawberry adding the bottom layer of leaves.


I finished the strawberry with a ribbon, a flower charm, and assorted pink buttons.  I also added a few black doodles to the berry.


My main card pieces were cut using the Lacy Labels cartridge.  I welded the base card pieces together in Design Studio, then cut the same shape a second time a bit smaller.  I then cut two ovals on which to mat my berry and words.

Do you ever hate using quick dry glue?  I did when I used it on the word "Sweet", which was cut using Kate's ABC's. My word was not placed onto the matting correctly and then I could not move the word without ripping the paper.  Grrrr. 


As I stated above, this is the first of six berry themed projects I will be sharing this week.   Come back tomorrow for another berry flavored project!  In the meantime, you can head over to BBTB2 and check out the design teams strawberries!

11 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Great card...elegant strawberry!!

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

very pretty card! :-)

UnikeByYes said...

Real sweet! Thank you for sharing, have a lovely day!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Susan, I just LOVE this strawberry. Gorgeous and I love the buttons and charm. xxD

Stephanie said...

This is just beautiful!!

Margie said...

All of these delicious looking strawberries are giving me cravings! Love the shaped card and those cute button seeds! Sweet card, Susan!

Crayola58 said...

Susan, I just love love love your card. The colors are bright and cheery, I love the shape and oh holy cowww those buttons are just perfect.
Carole

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Love the buttons and great bow!

Magento Themes said...

wow...Gorgeous card!!! I just love those strawberry card. This pink with green color is looking beautiful. Those buttons and the ribbon bow is looking great. Thanks for this great post.Magento Themes

Jeri said...

Wow Susan. This is so fresh and sweet looking. Wonderful colors and papers. Love the base card shape.

Heather said...

Very pretty! I love the shape of the card and how you added cute little buttons. Adorable!