Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Vintage Lady Stamp - Card version one


A few weeks ago Kathy (MFK) and I visited the annual stamp show in Columbia, South Carolina.  We each made a few purchases (okay, I purchased more), enjoyed some technique demonstrations, and wrapped up our day with a lovely late lunch at Zorba's Greek Restaurant in Irmo. 


One of my favorite finds from the show was this fabulous layered vintage lady stamp.  She is sooo pretty.  I am going to confess that I spent forever trying to select exactly which version of her I wanted.  She came as just a face, a face with flourishes, a face with a mardi gras type mask, etc.  Yet I returned time and time again to this version of the lady: her serene face trimmed with vintage looking lace, vintage text, and flourishes. 

The image was stamped in black in onto smooth white cardstock.  I used Copic markers and color enhanced her lips, eyes, skin tone, eye make-up, and blush.  I then cut the image out using Spellbinder's label #16.  I cut a matching red matting using the largest label 16. 



I did not want to clutter the card with too many embellishments, however I realized that the card needed a more than just the matted lady image.  I used a Stampin' Up stamp decorative circle stamp, stamping the image twice.  I used a 1.25 inch circle punch to cut out a top layer of the stamp.  I hand trimmed the bottom layer, cutting around decorative edges.  I used pop dots to raise the center portion of the stamp - and added the sentiment "for you". 

I wrapped a length of 3/4 inch ribbon around the card and tied a four loop bow.  I topped that with a pretty multi-red hued Prima rose. 

I mounted the matted image slight twisted on the card, then attached the tag, and rose.  Tomorrow I will return with version two of this lovely stamp.  In the meantime if you have not already done so, please leave a comment in the previous post (BBTB2 Blog Hop) to be in the drawing for some fabulous blog candy.  I will be drawing a random winner on Thursday.

5 comments:

Nikki P said...

This is one very lovely card. Well done.
I love the stamp.

LesleyfromWI said...

Wow this is amazing. Love that image.

bluucaca said...

wow is all have to say this is an amazing card love the stamp image

DonnaMundinger said...

YUM!!!!! This is absolutely exquisite! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I went to a stamp show too a couple of weeks ago and bought some freaky animals. wish I'd seen something like this instead! xxD

laurakim said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous card! I love the vintage face stamps, and this is one of the prettiest I've ever seen.
grammygoodson@bellsouth.net