Monday, March 21, 2011

Rainy Day Friends with Paisley and Hello Kitty


Happy Monday!  It is a fun Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday where the featured cut of the week is this fun little wiener (Dachshund) dog from the Paisley cartridge.   Our sweet design team sister, Melissa, chose this cut and I am soooo pleased that she did.  What a great cut! 


I combined my wiener dog with a kitty, Hello Kitty actually, so that it could be “raining cats and dogs”.   I remembered this great April showers Hello Kitty and decided that Kitty would want to share her umbrella with this sweet pup.


The phrase Rain, Rain Go Away is from the Nursery Rhymes cartridge.  The NR cartridge is a truly sweet cartridge and one that I do not use nearly enough.  I used a Copic marker and colored in the raindrops on the words.


I used the shadow cuts on the Dachshund, Hello Kitty, and the Rain phrase, welded together, as the front of the card.  I welded the shadow cuts to a rounded corner rectangle from George and Basic shapes to create the card.   To add a bit of dimension I used pop dots on the dog parts.


If you have not already done so, please do go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out the design team projects.  I was completely WOW’ed by some of the DT projects!!!

16 comments:

Crafty Carrie said...

what an adorable card. I love Hello Kitty

Sandi Cl~ said...

Wow, what a fabulous card!

L.B. said...

What a great card. I too love this hello kitty cut!!

Margie said...

HOW CUTE!!! Love this Susan! Great colors and I love that little doggie!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Have a fantastic day!

Maria said...

Susan...this is absolutely adorable! I'm telling you, that kitty is growing on me :)

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!!

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Susan your card is just the cutest! Love Kitty and the wiener together! Love the shape of your card too.
Happy Birthday!
Hugs
Juliexx

JustYolie said...

Too cute...love it! :)

Carol said...

Super cute! Love the colors! TFS

DonnaMundinger said...

Happy Birthday, chickie! How totally adorable! "raining cats and dogs", so clever! It actually IS here today! This certainly is cheering me up, though. LOVe the colors and the DOTS! Have a great day! xxD

Regina Easter said...

hey girlie, happy bd, this is the sweetest ever...you rock

Coley said...

I really wish I could afford to own all of the Cricut Carts...I have a friend who is just OBSESSED WITH Hello Kitty and would so apprecaite this card. Just adorable! Looking forward to the next post!

Jeri said...

Your pup is dressed in my favorite thing...polka dots. Fantastic card, Susan. Happy Birthday, too!!!

**Treefrog** said...

What a great card Susan, I love how you welded it all together (I finally attempted to do that since all you gals do such cute cards!) The colors and that little Doggie are Great and you can Never go wrong with Hello Kitty, you know, it is a secret obsession of mine (hee hee)! Have a Very Happy Birthday Too, Have Fun!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Crayola58 said...

What a cute cute card..... I love Hello Kitty and this came out just darling...the sweet little doxie with Kitty and her umbrella.

Heather said...

I love that you paired Hello Kitty with the dog cut. I also really like how you colored in the drops with a Copic marker. Why do I never think of clever things like this??? Love this!!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Sooo cute! Love all of the little details!

Kimberly