Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Wonderland using Spellbinders


I have news to share - I did not make the cut on round two of tryouts for the Spellbinders team.  I was disappointed, but I know that their team is highly competitive.  The good news is that I may now show my projects with you!

My entry for round one was this 12 x 12 inch layout.  I used two colored  sheets of cardstock topped with snowflake printed paper.  The snowflake print made a lovely, low-key background on which to build the layout elements.  The first element I added was a Stampin' Up stamp which reads "Winter Wonderland" stamped on my snowflake print.


I used my Grand Calibur with grand label one to cut the two layer matting and the main photo.  I used nesties label one to cut the mats and the smaller photo.  I also used snowflakes number one and cut red and blue embellishment snowflakes.  The snowflakes were topped with red buttons tied with white embroidery floss.


My page border was created using a Spellbinders lacey border cut four times.  I mitered the corners and topped the corners with snowflakes or tags.  The WINTER tag at the bottom left was created using label 14 and a stamp.  I penned in the date at the bottom of the label. 


I will admit that I was a disappointed at not making the cut, but really it was fun to try out.  And I was able to get this great photo scrapped!!

Remember that I have blog candy up for grabs in the previous post.  A winner will be drawn a Thursday.

13 comments:

Angie said...

This looks awesome Susan, too bad you weren't a winner, you do such great work!

LesleyfromWI said...

Beautiful LO. Sorry you did not make it but congrats on how far you got!

Sue said...

Susan, I am sorry they didn't not select you and your talent to join the Spellbinders team. It is their loss let me tell you. This project is AWESOME!! Not only are all the cuts gorgeous, the colors are perfect. I didn't know red would be such a great snow color, but my it is beautiful. TFS.
Sue

Mrs.PeruStarsFan said...

Oh this winter wonderland really fits where I live today. We are getting bucket loads of snow coupled with high winds. A real winter wonderland for sure.

Kimberly
Kimbrerly.pate@gmail.com
http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com/

Ladybug said...

OMG, Susan, I can't believe this! Your designs/creations are "over the top". They should feel honoured to have you on their team!

But. . . as "they" say:- something else is in the cards for you!!! :-)

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Susan your LO is stunning! As the others have said you did wonderfully to get this far and I think you should have made the team! Your work is outstanding!
Hugs
Juliexx

lovemypaper said...

You did such a wonderful job!

L.B. said...

Such a fun page. Sorry you did nto go on but tis page is wonderful.

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is just beautiful, Susan! so sorry to hear. They don't know what they're missing! xxD

JustYolie said...

Gorgeous layout, loving that border.

Cathy said...

I think you should have won! Sorry!

ScrappyScavenger said...

Well its beautiful! Too cute! I want one! Come on over to my blog, I have a surprise for you!

Linda said...

your work is gorgeous, I love seeing what you have created!