Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Valentine Treat Box with Spellbinders


Yesterday I headed off to my scrap room with every intention of making my mom a birthday card.  However, I spotted my book of nesties sitting out from a previous project and decided to play instead.  I had a template that I picked up last February (!) at the annual Columbia stamp show, that I had never used.  I decided to use the template with my heart shaped nesties to create a Valentine box.


I took a sheet of 18 x18 inch cardstock, trimmed it down to 18 x 12 inches and laid the template over top.  Using small clips to secure the layers I then cut out the template and the box.  With the template still clipped to the cardstock, I used my Scor-Pal to score all of the fold lines on the template (see below).


Next I used my heart shaped Nestabilites and my grand Caliber and cut out the front heart shape on the box.  I used white sparkle cardstock and cut out the frame for the front heart. 


I found the pink box just a bit to plain so I covered it with Valentine paper, again cutting the heart out of the front.  The box was finished by adding ribbon at the top edge, removing the handles as I did not like them, and affixing the white scalloped heart frame around the acetate window.

I created an embellishment using the leftover white heart cut out with two smaller hearts and a Prima flower rose.  The pink heart was stamped with a "Hugs and Kisses" stamp and trimmed in glass bead trim.

8 comments:

just2ducky said...

Pretty! That would make a great little gift with some treats in there.

Beckie W said...

This is just so pretty!! Thanks for sharing!!

Carol said...

Awesome! TFS, this would make a great card holder for my daughter and son's valentine cards from school. Each year they make their own bag or box to leave at school for the week so their friends and teachers can place valentines in.

http:///caroleesscrappinspot.blogspot.com

Shawnee said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing this fun project!

lovemypaper said...

Very pretty,tfs!

Maria said...

Beautiful Susan!
Sometimes I think we just need to play....Just ordered up a whole bunch of Spellbinders--might need some help :-)
Maria

Margie said...

Susan, this just puts me right in the mood for some Valentine's Day crafting! Love that your acetate window is PINK!

Kim. said...

This is a really pretty box and beautiful decorated.
Kim xXx