Monday, January 10, 2011

At the bottom of the garden Hummingbird card


We're baaa-ack!  The Bitten by the Bug 2 design team is back from our lengthy holiday break!  Our Design Team sister Karen selected the team's first cut for 2011 - the Hummingbird from the Lyrical Letters cartridge.  The hummingbird is a single layer cut.  I used two cartridges to create this card, Lyrical Letters and Lacey Labels.


I am almost embarrassed to tell you that my scraproom is such a horrid mess that I had to hunt for the unopened Lacey Labels cartridge so that I could cut this design.  I should insert a photo of the scraproom, but modesty prevents me from embarrassing myself further.


I cut the hummingbird twice and heat embossed both the parent and baby birds with holographic embossing powder.  Finished the card with a wide Stampin' Up ribbon and pixie stamps.  Please do go by and check out the BBTB2 DT designs - they are wonderful!!

I will be back tomorrow with another Spellbinders card.

16 comments:

Glenda said...

Beautiful! Love the combination of the two cartridges..pretty cuts. Happy to see BBTB2 is back!!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

Tabitha said...

Love the embossing on the birds. Just lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Karen Pinsonat said...

LOVE the embossing powder you used on your birds! Gorgeous card!

Carol said...

Beautiful! Love the embossing TFS

~Carol

CelticWoman said...

Oh such a beautiful card and love the sentiment. Hugs

Jeri said...

Beautiful,beautiful card. I love that Lacy Labels cut you used along with it. Thanks for making me laugh out loud when I read about your messy room. I might get more done if I wasn't so obsessively neat. I have to completely clean up from one project before I start on another. It's a stupid habit, especially when I'm doing a themed scrapbook where I'm using all the same papers. LOL

Jennifer said...

Such a beautiful card!

Julia Moss said...

Susan, I love your card. The combination of the papers just goes so well. And your birdies are adorable. Love all of the detail.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful card, Susan! So glad that you're feeling better and back to crafting. Don't sweat the mess -- most of us are right there with you! I finally mucked out my craft room yesterday -- now I can't find anything!!

Little of This, Little of That said...

How do you get your bows to come out so nicely? I know it's a funny ?, but really they look so nice!

**Treefrog** said...

Such a pretty card Susan, Hummingbirds are my all time favorite birds and I thought this would be an easy challenge and boy was I wrong, lol. And I totally understand about the messy room, I just got a space in my house and try so hard to clean up after each project but then I can't remember where I put things, lol, and because it's still a pretty new space I can't remember where I put it in the first place, lol! Good luck on the spellbinders contest by they way, I love their stuff, I'm sure you'll do great!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Maria said...

Susan,
Beautiful way to showcase Mr. Hummingbird! Love it! Maybe we should have a scraproom confession blog hop, LOL!
Maria :-)

DonnaMundinger said...

I've got some pix of my room that would make you pass out. LOL LOVe your card, though. It obviously doesn't hurt your creativity! BeautiFul! xxD

Beckie W said...

Your birds are just so sweet and I love the little flowers. Thanks you for sharing ....

Heather said...

Love the colors and the layers. This is just gorgeous!

Candy said...

Fabulous. Thanks for sharing it.