Monday, December 20, 2010

Festive Holiday Lighting for BBTB2


















Merry Monday scrappers!  It is our last week of Bitten By The Bug 2 for 2010.  We are going to have a  nice break for the holidays but before we bid adieu to 2010 our sweet design team sister Julie has selected a final festive holiday challenge - the Gingerbread Man from Just Because Cards.


I decided to use the Gingerbread people to dress up my dining room light fixture.  First I added faux greenery to the fixture.  Next I made a four to five foot long paper chain (while watching a movie) and added that to the greenery.  I purchased traditional looking Christmas balls and using wire ribbon I affixed the ornaments to the light fixture.  And finally I added the Gingerbread people. 


Using Design Studio, I cut six Gingerbread People, three men and three Gingerbread Women.  I used Everyday Paper Dolls to create hair for each Gingerbread person as well as aprons for the women. I used Peachy Keen face stamps to add faces, black eyes and red mouths.   And though you cannot see it in the photographs, I embossed the hair so that it looked more like frosting.  I added red Stickles over the mouth stamps and a bit of white doodling to the aprons and buttons.

This may be the last of the BBTB2 pre-holiday projects, but it is not the last of the Busy with the Cricky pre-holiday posts.  I will be back with a couple of more holiday projects to share!  Be sure to drop by Bitten by the Bug 2 and check out the other Gingerbread projects!

12 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful!

Jeri said...

This is just marvelous, Susan. If I did any decorating, I would have to borrow this idea. The only decorations I put out were my snowmen on the fireplace mantel.

Lisa said...

Oh Susan!!! This is so adorable!!! I love the gingerbread people!!! In fact, everything you do is so cute and full of crafty goodness fun!!!!
AWESOME SAUCE!!!


Happy Holidays to you and your family, and the best of the New Year!
((((Hugs))))
Lisa Sturgill :)

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Susan what a great idea, I love how you've decorated your light and your little ginger kids are just gorgeous! I love their hair and the girls look fab in their aprons! Love it!
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Hugs
Juliexx

Dakota Bear said...

A cute and joyful decoration!

Crayola58 said...

Absolutely adorable creation. I tried and tried and just could not do a decent Gingerbread man or woman so I gave in and did the Gingerbear. Love yours.
Have a wonderful Christmas, Susan.
Carole

Julia Moss said...

wow a terrific idea...love love love it!

Pinke said...

Soooo very festive my friend love the little girl so very sweet, thank you for the inspiration

Maria said...

Well it looks like we both got it done in the end :-) Hope you don't mind but I am TOTALLY stealing your idea to cover up my ugly dining room fixture for a holiday party :-) Thanks for the inspiration!!! Love It!
Maria :-)

joeygirl86 said...

OMG this is sooo cute! great job with the challenge!

Kim. said...

Really cute and a great project to do with the kids.
Kim xXx

Heather said...

What a cute project! Love the paper chain and those cute gingerbread guys. Adorable!!