Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Kickin' Off Christmas Blog Hop Day 2


Welcome to day two of the Kickin' Off Christmas Blog Hop!  I heard through the grape vine that not everyone in the hop may not make a second project for today, but I thought you might want to see something new!  Again today my project was made using my Cricut Expression, Amy Chomas pen holder, and SP & Company Christmas Tree Stamps.  


This card was designed in Cricut Design Studio.  I began by welding a rectangle from the George cartridge to a solid snowflake (see below) from the 2009 When It's Cold Outside seasonal cartridge to create my base card.  I cut the base card in a blue diamond Bazzill cardstock.

Next I cut the top layer of the snowflake in two different cardstocks.  Using pop dots I added the middle layout to the base card.  Before adding the top snowflake layer I stamped the whole snowflake with embossing ink and sprinkled it with holographic embossing powder.  After heat embossing the top snowflake I added pop dots and attached it to the base card.

Next I cut to additional snowflakes from When It's Cold Outside in light blue cardstock and attached them to the base card in opposite corners.  See below.



To finish the card, I used navy craft ink and stamped my SP and Company Christmas Tree stamps onto smooth white cardstock.  I then added holographic embossing powder and heat embossed the trees.  The trees were then glued to the top large snowflake.

I finished the card with the Amy Chomas writing tool and the Christmas solutions cartridge.  Replacing the cutting blade housing in my Cricut with the Chomas pen tool, I used the Happy Christmas phrase.  Once the blade housing was returned to the Cricut I cut the phrase out by cutting out around the writing using the Happy Christmas phrase shadow cut.  The phrase was then glued to the top middle section of the card.


Before you hop on be sure to leave a comment below.  Everyone who leaves a comment will be eligible for a Custom Crops gift voucher drawing.  Remember that Samantha is also giving away a stamp set.  I will be giving away a copy of my DVD set, It's a Kid's Life - which features 18 layouts, video and pdf instructions along with cut files.  I will choose someone from all of the Tuesday and Wednesday comments.

After leaving your comment below, the next stop on the blog hop is the Cards by Linda blog.  Enjoy your hop!!!

I will be back tomorrow with a more photos and details on how I made the North Pole house that won Week Two of Michaels Crafting Holiday Magic Contest.


Susan Edwards You are Here!!

45 comments:

Breanne said...

this is just adorable.

clemmensen2007 at att dot net

Tabitha said...

Love all the glitter on your snowflakes. Really cute card. Thanks for sharing.
tabitha4cm at yahoo dot com

Cherylann's "Outta-My-Mind " said...

Love it, so classy.
Cherylann (prinkles)
prinkles@woh.rr.com

Heather said...

This is so cute!
ra6352 (at) gmail (dot) com

DonnaMundinger said...

What, did you sleep in this morning? LOL Gorgeous card, deary and a BIG CONGRATS on winning the M's contest this week! xxD

Vicki said...

Love your snowflakes! Happy Thanksgiving.
Vicki

chignon said...

Terrific card, I just love the snowflakes!

Brigitte said...

Wow, this is an amazing card!!! Love it!

grambojoan said...

that card is really cool and different

Amy said...

Love it!

joeygirl86 said...

Wow this is soo pretty! I love all the glitter! ;)

bartlettpair said...

SUPER GREAT!!! What an inspiration!!!! Keep up the super work and thank you for all of your inspiration!! Be blessed!

Josie0602 said...

Outstanding snowflake card! I love how it turned out!

jtg0398 at sbcglobal dot net

Bobbi said...

What a cute card. I love that holographic embossing powder. TFS

JustYolie said...

OH WOW! This is a gorgeous card...love how you weld the snowflake to the cardbase! Beautiful!

grier59 said...

your card is adorable, I love glitter it gives a festive look to things.

have a great day


patriciagrier\2netscape.net

susies1955 said...

WOW gorgeous. I want to grow up to create juts like you one day. :)
Susie

Susan said...

Your card is scrumptious!

Lori said...

Susan, this card is to die for! I love, love, love it!!! I didn't make a 2nd project for the hop, but I am sure enjoying those who did! I'm glad I was able to be a part of it and meet all you talented ladies! TFS!

Lori - SP Color Diva

scrapandstamp said...

OMG!! This card is absolutely stunning!
Cheers
Sharon

Jega said...

Very nice!
Jega
http://jegaspassion.blogspot.com

1CardCreator said...

Awesome card! ~Diane

3Griffs said...

Thanks for doing a second project! Love it!

Annel said...

what a beautiful card I love the colors
Annel
http://annelsblog.blogspot.com/

scrapstampcrazy said...

Your card is beautiful!

Melissa said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!

Scrappinbutterfly said...

So beautiful! I can't wait to try this

Scrappin Melissa said...

Very beautiful and elegant!`

CathyinMN said...

Love your card! TFS! I'll have to try making a similar one.

scrappydappydoodler said...

Lovin' this card. Snowflakes and Snowmen are some of my favorite winter themes. Love your snowflakes.

n8tvtexan said...

WOW!!! That is my favorite card so far!!

Cindy Cade said...

/me sings... "I'll have a blue Christmas without you"... LOL
I LOVE blues! Absolutely gorgeous card, serene and invigorating at the same time. It's like a hot fudge sundae!

lamerlisa@hotmail.com said...

I love snowflakes!

Lisa
lamerlisa@hotmail.com
http://www.lisakelly110803.blogspot.com/

Lesley from WI said...

Gorgeous design and colors!

Charo said...

Love how you used the snowflakes!

Amy Chomas said...

Thanks sooo much for joining in!!! This is sooo pretty, love all the blues! You do such amazing work! Amy

Sheri said...

Beautiful!!!

Anna said...

So so lovely!!!
Thanks for the chance to win.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

Catherine said...

Wow! Awesome snowflake card! It's so beautiful.

ottersln said...

This is an awesome card! Thanks for using the older cartridges too. Good luck on the contest.

Renee said...

Beautiful project. Love it! And Ithink I need those tree stamps! ;) TFS!

Cathlene said...

Great card! You inspire me.

Charlotte said...

Oh, so pretty. I just love the different shades of blue and the layering. So pretty!

Lynn said...

Great card and wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing today. Happy Thanksgiving.

Maria said...

I was wondering if you did one! This is really great! Love the design elements. You and Donna keep pumping them out--I'm having a hard time keeping up with you :-)
Maria